Announcement lines allow callers to hear a prerecorded message such as a daily school announcement, seasonal sale or promotion, etc. Because announcements are continually changing, it is helpful to set up these lines so that any user can record and update these recordings without needing access to the admin portal.
- If announcements do not change often or an admin is updates the recordings, you may consider using a sound clip in a dial plan instead of the steps below.
- Callers will need to be routed to the announcement line via an auto attendant on your dial plan or by directing a phone number to the extension.
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- Select Add shared voicemail on the top-right.
and then select
Note: This shared voicemail box will only be used as the announcement line.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the shared voicemail box.
- Select Save and then choose the new shared voicemail box.
- Select the Settings tab and then select Notifications.
- Enable Email notifications.
- In Recipient email address, enter the email address for where you want voicemail notifications to be sent.
- Optional: From General, enable Escape to operator and then choose the desired extension. This allows a caller to press 0 during the announcement to be transferred back to the beginning of a dial plan or a different line for assistance.
Note: Enabling this setting does not automatically prompt callers to press 0 to escape to another extension. You will need to include these instructions in your announcement recording.
- Select Save.