How do I provision a device?
This is the default method for setting up your phones as it provides the most seamless experience for you. However, it is for Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
- Admin activated: Activate the devices before they arrive and then deliver them to the assigned user or location (if assigned as a standalone device).
- User (or device) activated: Wait until the devices arrive, pass them out to each user, and instruct them on how to activate their device.
Admin activated — Recommended for <20 users/devices
- If you are not already, sign in to your admin portal.
- From Devices, select Activate next to the desired device.
- Choose from User device or Standalone device and complete the required fields.
- Select Activate when finished.
Result: When the phones arrive, pass them out to the assigned user or location. Once the phones are plugged in, they will connect to our servers and reflect the correct configuration.
User (or device) activated — Recommended for 20+ users/devices
- Plug in the device and then press the Activate softkey.
- Enter the numerical dialable username provided by your admin.
Result: Once the device has identified the user information, you will hear “Thank You” and the device will automatically update its configuration and reboot (possibly more than once). Activation can take some time depending on your device and network speed. Don’t be alarmed if your device's screen is blank during this time. When activation is finished, your configuration will reflect on the phone.
Plug and Play
If shipping time is not a concern, you can choose to have your devices purchased from GoTo Connect pre-configured with the latest vetted firmware version ready for plug-and-play installation. You will need to provide your Project Manager with an accurate and complete user worksheet or manually enter the information in the respective field after accepting your quote.
- Plug in the handset and headset cables.
- Plug the network cable from your internet source into the LAN port on the phone (possibly labeled as SW, NET, or Internet).
- If daisy-chaining a computer to the phone, plug a network cable into the PC port on the phone and then plug the other end into the computer. The phone should supply the connection to the computer (internet source > phone > computer).
- If the phone is not using PoE, plug in the power adapter.
If you are bringing over existing equipment or using unsupported hardware/software, this method allows you to point your device to our provisioning server from the device menu or web UI using a specific URL or IP address where the device can download its pre-built configuration file(s) from the server. Whenever there is an update available, simply reboot the phone to obtain the new configuration file(s).