Give Keyboard and Mouse Control
When you are Presenter, you can grant other attendees shared control of your keyboard and mouse. This allows them to move the mouse about your shared screen and use their own keyboard to type on it, which can aid in collaboration.
Of course, your mouse always has priority. You can always override another attendees' mouse movements to temporarily regain control without removing their access.
Note: This feature is only available for staff members (Presenters, panelists and organizers).
- Share keyboard and mouse controls in the following ways:
- In the Screen Sharing pane, click the Give Keyboard and Mouse button and select the desired member of staff.
- In the Attendees pane, right-click the name of the desired staff memberand click Give Keyboard and Mouse.
- All attendees with keyboard and mouse control will have a Check icon next to their name in both drop-down menus shown above.
1. Simply type or move your mouse to re-gain control temporarily. The other person can continue to control your keyboard and mouse, but you will override their movements.
2. Instruct the person with keyboard and mouse control to resume controlling your screen when you're finished.
You can remove keyboard and mouse control in the same way that it was granted (e.g., selected from one of the drop-down menus). Once attendees have control removed, the Check icon will disappear.
You might notice that your attendees are unable to use your keyboard and mouse within certain specific apps. This is due to a conflict with the Windows Integrity Mechanism and likely indicates that the app is running at a higher integrity level than the GoToWebinar desktop app. For example, if an app on your computer is running as admin (which uses a high integrity level), then other attendees will be unable to use your keyboard and mouse within it because the GoToWebinar desktop app runs at a medium security level.
If you know that you want your attendees to be able to access an app that runs at a higher integrity level, you must launch GoToWebinar as an admin when you start your session (by right-clicking the app and selecting Run as admin).