Why should I switch to the GoTo app?
The GoToTraining team is currently working on these limitations in the new experience.
- The new experience is available on the GoTo app and the web (Google Chrome or Edge Chromium only).
- Use the new GoTo mobile app as an attendee to have full feature support.
- Materials added during the session will not automatically refresh. Organizers need to refresh the material section.
- Attendees connected to audio via phone cannot participate in breakout rooms.
- Local cloud recording creates files with a WEBM format and not a MP4. Organizers will need to find a third party converter to convert the WEBM files to MP4s.
|Features||Classic experience||New desktop app experience||New browser experience|
|Host a session (organizer)||✓||✓||✓|
|Joining sessions via web browser||✓ (Will no longer be supported as of May 24, 2022)||✗||✓|
|Be promoted to co-organizer||✓||✓||✓|
|Share your camera||✓||✓||✓|
|Share your screen||✓||✓||✓|
|Share screen in "clean" mode||✓||✗||✗|
|Share a video||✓||✓||✓|
|Use flexible layout mode||✗||✓||✗|
|Include media sound||✗||✓||✓|
|Use cloud recording||✓||✓||✓|
|Use local recording||✓||✓||✓|
|Create breakout rooms||✓ (Will no longer be supported as of May 24, 2022)||✓||✓|
|Use remote control||✓||✓||✓|
|Use drawing tools||✓||✓ (Presenter only)||✓|
|Share and download materials||✓ (Will no longer be supported as of May 24, 2022)||✓||✓|
If you need to revert to the classic experience to access any of the features above, end the current session and enable the Use the classic GoToTraining setting at https://global.gototraining.com/training/settings.tmpl. Restart the session and you'll be launched in the classic desktop application.