How do I start and assign breakout rooms during a training?
Organizers can divide attendees into smaller groups (called "breakout rooms") for separate discussions.
- Start your training in the web browser experience.
- Select the People pane and Create breakout rooms. Alternatively, you can select the More icon and Breakout rooms.
- Choose the number of rooms you want create.
Note: You can have up to 50 rooms. The default is set to 2 rooms.
- Choose how you want to assign attendees to rooms.
- Automatically assign people to rooms – GoTo will randomly sort attendees into rooms.
- Let me assign people to rooms – This will create empty rooms and requires you to manually move attendees to the desired room.
- Select Preview rooms. The People pane will display how attendees will be split among rooms.
- You can manually move attendees to another room by selecting their name and Move to or by dragging and dropping.
Note: Once you start breakout rooms, you can't move attendees from one room to another. To do so, you will have to end the current breakout and start a new one.
- Select Start breakout. Attendees will see a countdown before the breakout begins.
Note: You can cancel the breakout room during the countdown.
- You'll remain in the main room along with any co-organizers. You and any co-organizer can join other rooms by selecting Join.
- During the breakout, you can send a chat message to all rooms. Although attendees cannot chat you, they can request help using the Assistance icon.
- To end the breakout and go back to the regular session with all attendees, select End breakout.