Install and Run the Connection Wizard (Windows)
The Connection Wizard tests and determines the ideal connection settings that GoTo Webinar can make within your network.
After running the wizard, you can store your optimal connection settings on your Windows computer and use those in the future to connect to sessions. You can also visit our Get Ready page to make sure you are prepared for your first webinar!
Note: The Connection Wizard is only available on Windows computers. If you are on a Mac, see How do I test my network connection with GoTo Network Test?.
- To begin the test, download the GoToMeeting Connection Wizard.
- Open the G2MConnectionWizard.exe file and run the software when prompted.
- When the GoToMeeting Connection Wizard launches, click Run the Connection Wizard to start the connection test. GoToMeeting's home page should launch in your default browser. If you're not redirected to www.gotomeeting.com, open your browser and go to that page.
Note: Users should use Advanced Mode only under guidance from a GoTo representative.
- Select OK to continue. The Connection Wizard will determine the best connection setting for your computer when connecting to GoToMeeting. This process may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the detection process is complete, select Next.
- Try out the new connection settings by starting a meeting.
- If you connect successfully, select Finish to complete the Connection Wizard test.
- If you are unable to successfully connect, select I still have problems. The following screen will explain the next recommended steps, which are to Contact Global Customer Support for further troubleshooting. You may be asked to provide a GoToMeeting Connection Wizard report by clicking Wizard Report.