What's new in GoToMeeting?
Keep track of what's going on with GoToMeeting and learn about our newest features and changes.
Desktop app (v10.18.0, b19932) – November 22, 2021
- Support for Windows 11
- Users running Windows 11 can install the desktop app to start and join sessions. Learn more about the system requirements.
- Support for macOS 12 Monterey
- Users running macOS 12 Monterey can install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Running the new OS will prompt you to allow screen recording when you share a screen or take a screenshot in GoToMeeting. If you deny and wish to give permission at a later time, you can do so in your computer's Security & Privacy preferences and restart the app. Learn more about the system requirements.
- Fixed an intermittent Windows issue where presenters could not share their full screen
- Join screen no longer shows "gotomeet.me" when typing in personal room names
- Users can discover and try the new GoTo from the GoToMeeting Suite
- Typo fix
Web App – September 28, 2021
- Ability to React
- If you host or join sessions from the browser, you can use reactions to quickly participate without speaking.
Web App – September 15, 2021
- Ability to Pin a Participant's Camera
- You can pin a participant's camera to be enlarged on your screen.
Profile Management Portal (v1.15.5) & Login Service – September 17, 2021
- Support for Multifactor Authentication
- Users now have the ability to set up multifactor authentication as an added layer of security when signing in to their LogMeIn account. Users can begin the enrollment process and manage their paired mobile devices within the "Enhanced Security" section on the Sign In & Security page at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once set up, the user will be prompted to enter a code from their authenticator app in order to access their LogMeIn account going forward.
Note: If a user pairs their mobile device but disables the Enhanced Security setting, the user may still be prompted to verify their login via the paired multifactor authentication device (which is done via email verification when no device is paired) for security purposes when they sign in to their account.
Previously, multifactor authentication was only supported for GoToAssist Remote Support (v4 and v5) users. These existing users (who have already paired a mobile device with their account) will not be impacted by these changes, and their paired mobile devices will automatically be recognized and listed within the Sign In & Security page, now under the "Enhanced Security" section. However, those GoToAssist Remote Support users will still need to enable the Enhanced Security setting, which will improve their login security by leveraging multiple factor and risk-based scores.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.37.0) – August 27, 2021
- New & Refreshed User Roles
The user roles in the LogMeIn Admin Center have been updated (within the User Details page, per user and on the Add Users page) to the following:
- (New!) Member – An end user with no Admin Center access (this role is newly listed but was previously applied when the "Administrator for this account" setting was disabled).
- Manager – A user with Admin Center access and selected permissions and specific groups. If no groups are selected, the manager can manage the selected permissions for all users in the account.
- Admin – A manager with all permissions except to manage other admins.
- Super Admin – An admin with all permissions, including managing other admins (this role has been renamed, and previously applied when the "Full access to all account privileges" setting was enabled).
- All permissions available for the Manager role remain unchanged (e.g., Add and Delete Users, Manage Products, etc.).
- Support for Multiple Subgroups and Assignments
The user groups in the
LogMeIn Admin Center now support assigning multiple subgroup levels (e.g., Group > Subgroup 1, Subgroup 2, Subgroup 3, etc.), and those subgroups can be assigned to either another subgroup or a parent group (e.g., Subgroup 3 can be assigned to Subgroup 2, Subgroup 1, or Group). Additionally, a tooltip will display the full list of group/subgroup(s) on both the User Details and Manage Users pages if the name of the group/subgroup exceeds the character limit.
Note: Each parent group and/or subgroup name must be unique.
- Previously, only a single subgroup could be created (e.g., Group > Subgroup), and each subgroup could only be assigned to a parent group (i.e., subgroups could not be assigned to other subgroups).
- If a user – who is already assigned to groups/subgroup(s) – has their user group assignment changed within User Details, the user will become unassigned from all existing groups/subgroup(s) and only assigned to the updated group/subgroup(s).
Web App – August 12, 2021
- Text updates to "Waiting to join" to prevent truncation
- Breakout rooms now show how much time has lapsed since starting
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge users couldn't share their screen after canceling the first time
- Fixed an issue where users without microphone and speaker devices get stuck in the pre-session audio screen
- Fixed an issue where the shared screen tile was small for attendees
- Fixed an intermittent issue where presenters lost screen and camera sharing
- Cosmetic fixes for icons
Corporate Billing Portal – July 22, 2021
- Ability to Turn Off Automatic Renewal for Corporate Account Subscriptions
- Billing contacts now have the ability to turn off automatic renewal for their annual product subscriptions for their corporate account.
Desktop App (v10.17.0, b19796) – July 1, 2021
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users joined a session
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users shared webcams using a 3rd party service
- Fixed an issue where Mac GoTo App users were able to chat attendees even though the list was hidden from participants
- Fixed an issue where GoTo App users were able to copy attendee's email addresses even though the list was hidden from participants
- Fixed an issue where Mac users were not prompted with the "New hardware detected" message when going through pre-session audio and webcam preview
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Mac app crashed if users selected My Meetings in the taskbar
- Fixed an issue where the Windows app showed attendees email addresses even though the list was hidden (old GoToMeeting)
Desktop App (v10.16.0, b19598) – April 26, 2021
- Desktop Notifications No Longer Supported
- Desktop notifications (for app upgrades, discounts, product information and news) is no longer supported. Stay up to date with the latest versions on this article.
- Improvements to New GoToMeeting
The following improvements have been made to the New
GoToMeeting desktop app:
- Ability to zoom in and out of the Windows Viewer using the mouse scroll and pad
- Attendee names are anonymous in the Viewer when the organizer hides the attendee list
- Localization improvements and fixes
- Fixed an issue where the webcam preview would intermittently disappear after starting and stopping webcam sharing
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app crashed on Macs
- Fixed an issue where users on a 13" MacBook display saw a truncated Control Panel (Old GoToMeeting)
- Fixed an issue where the Mac organizer chat drop-down switched to "Everyone" when the former selected attendee left the meeting
- Fixed an intermittent issue where a promoted organizer couldn't share their webcam
- Fixed an issue where the Windows "You've shared keyboard & mouse control" dialog opened multiple tabs with the support article
- Fixed an issue where the "You've shared keyboard & mouse control" dialog didn't open for Mac users
- Fixed an intermittent issue where users experienced app latency due to CPU overload
- Fixed an intermittent issue where users could not join a meeting due to webcam hardware plugin
- Fixed an issue where users received chat notifications while on the Chat pane
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app crashed due to webcam hardware plugin
- Fixed an issue where the "Send webcam request" was not scaled properly on 4K monitors
- Fixed an issue where GoToMeeting did not accept umlauts when joining meetings
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Mac app crashed when exiting full screen mode
- Desktop app presenters cannot send a keyboard & mouse control request to users joined from the web
- The Attendee list is not sorted alphabetically (Old GoToMeeting)
- Windows in-session editing experience (e.g., Chat pane) matches Mac's
- Updated copyright to 2021
Active Directory Connector (v220.127.116.117) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to "GoToConnect PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
Web App – February 9, 2021
- Join Video First
Users are now prompted to join the meeting with their audio and camera enabled in one click. This simplifies the join experience and increases collaboration through camera. Before starting the meeting, users are prompted to check and confirm their appearance, name, and audio status. Any settings updated in this screen will be carried over in the session.
- Ability to View Raised Hand Queue
- Uses can view the order of hands that were raised (up to 5 hands).
Web App – January 18, 2021
- Ability to Raise Your Hand
- Users can raise their hand to grab the organizer's attention or as a quick polling option.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role , and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.
Desktop App (v10.15.0, b19228) – January 7, 2021
- Support for macOS Big Sur (11)
- Users running macOS Big Sur (11) can now download and install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Users running the new OS will be prompted to allow screen recording when they share a screen or take a screenshot in GoToMeeting. If users choose Deny and wish to give permission at a later time, they can go into their computer's Security & Privacy preference pane to enable access and restart the GoToMeeting app for the permission to take effect.
- Improvements to New GoToMeeting
The following improvements have been made to the New
GoToMeeting desktop app:
- Windows users receive chat bubble notification when the Chat pane is not in focus.
- Mac users can detach and reattach the Chat and People panes.
- "Turn On Computer Audio" and "Turn Off Computer Audio" button colors have been updated for easier navigation and accessibility.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows presenter intermittently saw blank camera feeds for new attendees that joined with their camera on
- Fixed an issue where Mac organizers and presenters could not undock the Chat pane correctly
- Fixed an issue where macOS Big Sur 11 users were launched in the old GoToMeeting version
- Fixed an issue where "Reply to All" and "Reply" buttons were broken from the Windows chat bubble notification
- Fixed an issue where Mac attendees saw the capability to turn on their camera even if the webcam limit had been reached
- Fixed an issue where the webcam preview was not using the 16:9 aspect ratio
- Fixed an issue where sharing an application displayed a transparent border rather than a blue border
- Fixed an issue where long URL links were stretched out in the Mac Chat pane
- Fixed an issue where the Mac app crashed when a small image was shared and Metal (an Apple API) was on
- Fixed an issue where sharing an application displayed the presenter's background when multiple instances of the app were open
- Fixed an issue where the Change Presenter icon was missing from the Mac Grab Tab when account's keyboard/mouse control setting was disabled
- Fixed an issue where the "Could Not Connect" error had invalid symbols
- Fixed an issue where presenters could click and drag half of the Control Panel around
- Fixed an issue where the Hallway logo was truncated when camera feed was undocked and set to "Hide Everyone"
- Fixed an issue where resized webcams were not honored when changing the webcam feed layout
- Fixed an issue where users could not detach a pane by clicking and dragging (old GoToMeeting)
- Users are shown a warning when they change the default audio device from their computer and it differs from the one selected in GoToMeeting
- Users can no longer resize the Control Panel by clicking and dragging from the top when in presenter mode
- When "Share keyboard/mouse control" setting is disabled, the Remote Control drop-down is in an inactive state
- Cosmetic improvements to the Windows Chat pane
- Updated "A webcam is missing" text
- Localization fixes
iOS App (v7.13.0) – December 8, 2020
- Backend improvements
Join Flow – November 24, 2020
- Fixed an issue where users running macOS 11 Big Sur could not join from the desktop app
iOS App (v7.12.1) – November 20, 2020
- Minor bug fixes
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.28.0) – November 16, 2020
- Updates to "Invite User" Flow
- Admins can now invite users that have an active profile in another account, and those users can choose to accept or decline the invitation. If accepted, their user profile will move to the new account, along with their session history, upcoming scheduled sessions, and recordings. If users do not take action, admins can resend the invitation or delete them. Previously, users (whose profiles already existed in our system) were required to contact Customer Care in order to transfer to a new account.
- Updates to Product Logos for User Statuses
Admins can now easily recognize users who have been invited to join their account but have not yet activated their account by the hollow product logos () displayed for the user under the Product status column on the Manage Users page. Alternatively, when the user joins the admin's account, their product logos are filled in (). Previously, the product logos were filled regardless of status. View more information about changing user statuses.
- The "Delete Users" window includes more details on how to retain user data if needed.
All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Invited has been changed to Invite sent under the user Status column
- Reinvite has been changed to Resend under the user Status column for re-sending the Welcome email invitation
GoToMeet.Me page – November 12, 2020
- Fixed an issue where copy/pasting a meeting link from the Location field of a calendar appointment to a browser added a semicolon at the end
iOS App (v7.12.0) – November 9, 2020
- Updated Voice Audio Engine
The Voice Audio Engine used to connect session participants to the audio conference has been updated to the newest version 20.27.1. This new version will provide overall improvements to the audio conference during sessions and includes multiple bug fixes, including the following:
- Fix for echoes on iPads
- Attendees see a message when they have been promoted to an organizer role
- Fixed an issue where the app intermittently crashed when an iPad presenter shared their screen
- Fixed an issue where the app intermittently crashed when an iPhone presenter shared their screen and rotated the device
Desktop App (v10.14.0, b18962) – November 4, 2020
- Ability to Share Audio
Presenters can now choose to
share sound coming from their computers with attendees.
Note: The "Include media sound" checkbox is off by default and must be enabled each time the presenter wants to share audio.
- Muted Icon Now Gray
- When users are muted, the icon is now gray. Previously, it was red.
- Improvements to New GoToMeeting
The following improvements have been made to the New
GoToMeeting desktop app:
- Personal Logo (organizer) and Custom Logo (admins) are now supported.
- Camera position, divider preferences, detached pane sizes are saved for future sessions
- Windows Camera filters include "Always in front" option when detached from the Viewer.
- Primary controls (mic, camera, screen, leave) have been updated with tooltips and new colors.
- New "Always show meeting controls" setting has been added to the preferences.
- Mac users can resize webcam feeds in presenter mode.
- Fixed an issue where the organizer or co-organizer shared the wrong screen in a non-Open Presenter mode meeting
- Fixed an issue where the Windows app crashed in bad network conditions
- Fixed an issue where the attendee arrival and leave messages were mispositioned
- Fixed an issue where the Windows "Talking" indicator truncated long names when cameras were detached
- Fixed an issue where Drawing Tools resumed after attendee stopped and started screen sharing
- Fixed an issue where the Mac "Make Organizer", "Make Presenter", and "Dismiss attendee" dialogs did not pop up when sharing an application
- Fixed an issue where the Windows avatar initials were truncated
- Fixed an issue where the Mac Chat and People panes detached from the Viewer when users minimized then maximized the app
- Fixed an issue where the Mac "Always in Front" camera filter did not apply
- Fixed an issue where the Mac camera feeds intermittently faded when new attendees joined or left the session
- Fixed an issue where the Mac Chat pane rendered any HTML tags in attendee names
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Viewer intermittently flashed green when the presenter started and stopped screen sharing
- Fixed an issue where the More option in the Windows Attendee pane shifted upon click (Old GoToMeeting)
- Cosmetic updates to the Windows People pane and Viewer
- Localization updates
Android App (v4.6.0) – November 2, 2020
- GoToMeeting for Facebook Portal improvements
- Facebook Portal camera preview has been set to a 16:9 ratio
LogMeIn Profile Management Portal Service – October 23, 2020
- Other Ways to Sign In – Support for LastPass and Apple Accounts
- Users now have the ability to connect their LastPass and/or Apple account to their LogMeIn product user account at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once connected, users can sign in to their LogMeIn product account instantly by selecting their connected account on the product sign in screen or on the My Account page at https://myaccount.logmeininc.com. Previously, users could only connect their Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and/or Microsoft accounts.
Note: As before, if an account admin has enforced SAML SSO (Enterprise Sign-In) as the only sign-in method for all users on the account, those users will not be presented with any additional sign-in options.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.27.0) – October 20, 2020
- Manage Report Access for Agents
Account admins can now
configure the "Access to recordings and reporting" pane in
Admin Settings to choose between allowing agents to access both session recordings and reporting for all users, or only allowing agents to access their own session recordings (which excludes reports). Previously, this account-wide setting could only be configured for session recordings, not reports.
Note: By default, admins are able to view all reports and session recordings for agents.
- Additionally, all existing accounts before this release will continue to be configured to allow all agents to access all recordings and reports, whereas all accounts created after this release will be configured to restrict agents to access only their own recordings and excludes access to reports. However, this account-wide restriction/allowance privilege can be changed for all users within the account's Admin Settings.
- Removal of New GoToMeeting settings
- The GoToMeeting Hub and New GoToMeeting design settings have been removed for some users who had it set to "Required". In this case, they can no longer revert back to the older GoToMeeting experience.
- Fixed issue in which scrolling through data displayed tables was not rendering properly when using Safari.
Facebook Portal – October 6, 2020
- GoToMeeting on Facebook Portal
- Facebook Portal users can now download GoToMeeting on Facebook Portal to join and host meetings.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.26.0) – October 01, 2020
- Updated "Personal Logo" to "Custom Logo" within Admin Settings, which is shown during all meetings when no one is sharing their screen.
- Fixed issue that caused overlapping text when resizing the browser and GoToAssist Remote Support is listed among other products under the New User Settings Template pane.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.25.0) – September 30, 2020
- Updates to Content Sharing Settings
Account admins can configure content sharing settings for their user's cloud recordings. Settings include:
- Allowing organizers to download and delete meeting content
- Allowing users with the Share link to download meeting content
- New Email Templates Available to All Admins
- All account admins are now enabled to use the new Welcome and Assignment Change email templates, which were introduced to most accounts in a previous release. Admins can view and configure these new email templates within Admin Settings under Email Customizations.
Desktop App (v10.13.1, b18705) – September 25, 2020
- The Mac Recording Manager has been updated to use the OS API when converting recordings
- Users can use emojis in the Chat pane
- The Mac Recording Manager has an updated Daisy icon
- Camera feeds remain detached when screen sharing is stopped
- The Skip Preview checkbox has been removed from the "Share my screen" window for attendees who were promoted during the session
- System Notifications from the Windows Action Center are no longer included in shared screens
- Windows 7 users running 16-bit programs are defaulted to the old GoToMeeting experience
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app would crash due to bad connections
- Fixed an issue where mobile webcam feeds were rotated incorrectly
- Fixed a security issue where the cross-site scripting (XSS) were displayed and stored in Mac Chat panes
- Fixed an issue where the organizer's Welcome Message did not display on Macs
- Fixed an issue where the Skip Preview checkbox in the "Share my screen" window was misaligned
- Fixed an issue where users could not click GoToMeeting in-session controls if Drawing Tools was active
- Fixed an issue where in-session meeting controls overlapped share screens and webcams in Windows with high resolution (high DPI)
- Fixed an issue where Drawing Tools annotations did not clear when the presenter stopped sharing their screen
- Fixed an issue where the computer webcam light turned on when no webcam was being shared
- Localization fixes
- Cosmetic updates
iOS App (v7.11.0) – September 22, 2020
- Attendees on an iOS device can now be promoted to the organizer role
Office 365 Outlook Add-In (v2.2.0) – September 9, 2020
- Support for Microsoft Outlook for iOS
- The GoToMeeting Office 365 Outlook Add-In can now be used on Outlook for iOS.
- Localization support
- The add-in has been translated in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Chinese.
iOS App (v7.10.0) – August 21, 2020
- Slide Over and Split View support on iPads
- Users can now multitask and work on another app alongside GoToMeeting by using the iPad's Slide Over and Split View functionalities.
- Fixed an issue where users were able to delete their personal meeting rooms from the app
- Additional bug fixes and minor improvements
Web Portal (v1.0.333) – August 18, 2020
- New look and feel to meeting history details
- The meeting details page has been given a new look and feel. New experience includes:
- Phone-only invitations
- Organizers can choose to send out invitations with phone-only details (e.g., phone numbers, access code, and summary of keypad commands).
- The Discover icon has been updated and placed after the Settings icon
- Cosmetic improvements to the meeting details page
- Users can collapse the list of admins in their Settings page
Android App – August 14, 2020
Desktop App (v10.12.0, b18425) – August 3, 2020
- Mac Remote Control access to all attendees
- Mac Presenters can give all attendees keyboard and mouse control at once. Attendees will be notified that they have remote control.
- New GoToMeeting Improvements
- The Mac Esc key exits drawing tools (i.e., you will be taken to Pointer mode)
- New "Computer overload" warning
- Cosmetic improvements to the Mac Chat pane
- Mac Camera filters include "Always in front" option when detached from the Viewer
- Additional in-session Mac tooltips and webcam error messages
- The Windows Recording Manager has been updated to use the OS API when converting recordings
- If detached from the Control Panel, Mac cameras will remain detached until reattached by user
- Users are shown "Computer overload" message with troubleshooting tips after 30 seconds instead of 10
- Fixed an issue where the Recording Managers sorted the recordings from oldest to newest
- Fixed an issue where texts overlapped in the Viewer
- Fixed an issue where Mac users hit a delay when accessing their meeting preferences
- Fixed an issue where the Windows app intermittently crashed when a user turned off their webcam or left the session
- First-time Mac users are prompted to grant mic and camera access from the desktop app rather than the computer's system preferences
- Fixed an issue where the borders around the active speaker were missing for Windows users in GDI mode
- Fixed an issue where Mac attendees were shown remote control capability after becoming presenters
- Fixed an intermittent issue where Windows camera icons glowed green when cameras were disabled
- Fixed an intermittent issue where hiding all webcams muted all audio on Windows
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when attendees left the meeting
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when joining a session
- Fixed an issue where the Mac "Minimize windows into application icon" setting did not work with GoToMeeting
- Fixed an issue where attendees on the old GoToMeeting experience could not see the shared screen if the presenter had switched content multiple times
- Fixed an issue where the expanded panes did not close properly when Mac users clicked the X button
- Localization fixes
Office 365 Outlook Add-In (v2.1.2) – July 28, 2020
- Fixed an issue where the Settings window did not close