Start a Meeting by Phone
You can start a meeting from your phone by connecting to audio via phone call (toll or toll-free) and entering your organizer PIN. Attendees can join the meeting from all outlets (desktop app, Web App, mobile app, or phone call).
Set an organizer PIN
Organizers who were enabled before Oct. 21, 2019 will see the ability to start a meeting by phone but are not required to set a PIN. Without a PIN, you will not be able to dial in with a toll-free number.
Log in to your account at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
- Click Settings in the top menu.
- Under "Organizer PIN", enter a PIN.
Note: You cannot revert setting a PIN. Once a PIN is set, it cannot be disabled.
- Use this PIN when dialing in next time!
If you're running the new Hub experience, click Settings in the left menu and find "Organizer PIN".
Start a meeting by phone
- Make sure you have created an organizer PIN in your settings.
- Call the toll or toll-free number of your meeting from your mobile device. You can open the meeting invite and manually enter the phone number and access code or you can go into your device calendar and tap the linked phone number.
- Press the Star key to confirm you are the organizer.
- Enter your organizer PIN followed by the pound or hash sign.
If your co-organizer wants to start the meeting by phone on your behalf, they must use your organizer PIN.
- You have started your meeting! Manage your phone audio with keypad commands.
Organizer best practices
- Listen to attendee list – This helps you identify unknown callers.
- Enable "on-hold" beeps – This helps attendees know they've successfully joined the session.
What will my attendees see?
Your attendees will see the default Viewer until the meeting is over or someone else presents. You can give attendees full access to screen sharing in your settings so anyone can make themselves presenter without having to send you a request.