Life is busy, and sometimes you’re not at your desk when your phone rings. Lucky for you, every line on your system can have its own unique dial plan (Find Me/Follow Me) to route calls however you want. When someone calls your line, you can have it simultaneously ring your cell phone; or if you don’t answer, you can direct the call to a completely different destination. It’s your line and the sky’s the limit, so set it up to best serve you.
1. Click the Settings icon in the left sidebar.
2. From the Find me follow me tab, customize the following ring steps and options:
- Ring Step
- Routes incoming calls to various destinations (internal extensions or external numbers) in a specified sequence to create a unique call flow for the line.
- Add multiple extensions/numbers to a single ring step to ring multiple extensions or external numbers all at once.
- Add multiple ring steps within the dial plan to create multiple ring steps that occur in order.
- If you have Block Caller ID enabled on a phone number used by your line, your External Caller ID will continue to be blocked as it is transferred to other destinations in the ring steps.
- Confirm pickup
- If enabled, the system provides the option to dial 1 to accept an incoming call or 2 to send it to voicemail.
- The primary benefit of this feature is when a cell phone is in a ring step. When a cell phone is turned off or is out of range, calls usually go straight to the cell phone voicemail box. Without confirm pickup, the voicemail would answer the call and prematurely end the dial plan. Enabling confirm pickup allows the call to re-route back to the next ring step or to the Jive voicemail box.
- A secondary benefit is if calls are being routed to a personal phone number. Having confirm pickup enabled lets the user know the call is business related, and they can then answer the call appropriately.
- Pass-through caller ID
- This option controls what is shown on the caller ID for call steps with external numbers. If enabled, the caller ID of the original caller is displayed. Disabled, the caller ID shows the number configured for the line.
- Ring time
- The time in seconds that the line should ring before going to the next step in the dial plan. This is overridden by any simple dial nodes that reference the line in the dial plan editor.
- No answer, send to
- Voicemail: Sends the caller to the voicemail box associated with the line.
- Internal: Sends the caller to the specified extension.
- External: Sends the caller to the specified external number.
- Transferer: If the call was transferred to the line, returns the call to the party that initiated the transfer. If the call was not transferred to the line, it hangs up on the caller.
- Hang up: Simply hangs up on the caller.
- If call fails, send to
- (Unspecified): Follows the No Answer, send to ring step.
- Internal: Forwards the call to a specified extension.
- To avoid routing calls to another device that is also affected by the same outage, we recommend using failover to an extension only if you have multiple locations on the same system (i.e. an office in Chicago and in Dallas).
- External Number: Forwards the call to a specified external number.