By default, your voicemail will greet your callers with an automated message (e.g. “The person at extension # is unavailable.”). By recording voicemail greetings, you can make this message much more personal and give specific instructions to your callers.
1. Press the voicemail button on your phone or dial *99 to access the voicemail menu.
2. Press 0 for Mailbox Options.
3. Record the desired greeting type:
- Press 1 to record an Unavailable Message—this is the default and most common greeting used for a voicemail box.
- Press 2 to record a Busy Message—this alternate greeting can be recorded for system admins to use in a dial plan.
- Press 3 to record a Name—this greeting plays the recorded name followed by an automated message (only plays if no unavailable message exists).
- Press 4 to record a Temporary Message—once recorded, this message overrides any other voicemail greetings. In order to remove a temporary message, it must be deleted.
4. Follow the voice prompts to accept, review, or re-record the recording.
Tip: To delete a temporary message, dial *98 or *99 to access the voicemail menu. Press 0 for Mailbox Options, 4 for Record Temporary Message, and then 2 to Delete Temporary Message. If you are a system admin, you can also delete these directly from the admin portal.