Poly Edge B Series
Learn how to do the most common functions on your phone. For information not covered below, please refer to the manufacturer’s user guide.
Automatically forward incoming calls to an internal extension or external number.
- Select Home.
- Select Preferences and then select the desired forwarding type:
- Call Fwd Unconditional: Forwards all incoming calls.
- Call Fwd Busy: Forwards all unanswered incoming calls or all calls that arrive when you're already in a call.
- Press the Edit softkey.
- Press Enter to set the call forward option to Enabled.
- Enter the call forward number in the Destination Number field and then press Enter to cycle through the list of voice services.
- If you selected the No Answer forwarding type, press Enter to set the number of times the phone rings before forwarding the call.
- Select Home to exit Preferences and confirm your changes.
Do Not Disturb (DND)
Stop your phone from ringing and send all incoming calls directly to voicemail.
- From Home, select .
- Use the softkeys to enable/disable.
- Select Home to exit Preferences and save your changes.
Check your voicemail from your phone.
- Dial *99.
- Dial your password (default 0000).
Download your Voicemail Menu Guide.
Assign regularly dialed numbers to additional line keys on your phone.
- To add a new contact, select an empty speed dial entry and then press the Edit softkey.
- To edit an existing contact, select the desired contact and then press the Edit softkey.
- To delete an existing contact, select the desired contact and then press the Clear softkey.
- If you selected Add, enter the Name and the internal extension or external number in the Contact field.
- Press the Save softkey.
Speak with two parties simultaneously by creating a mini-conference call on your line.
- While on an active call, press the Hold softkey.
- Dial the internal extension or external number to add to the conference.
- Wait for the second party to answer, and then let them know that you would like to add them to a 3-way call.
- Highlight the call on hold from the Calls screen and then press Add to Confr.
Transfer A Call
Place a current call on hold and speak with the destination party before transferring the call.
- While on an active call, press the Trnsfr softkey.
- Dial the transfer destination (internal extension or external number).
- Speak to the destination party.
Tip: To cancel a warm transfer and go back to the original call, look for the Cancel or EndCall softkey.
- Press the Trnsfr softkey again.
Place a call on hold while you take some time to look up an answer to a question or answer another call.
- Press the Hold softkey or feature key.
- Press the Resume key to retrieve the call.
Tip: If multiple calls are on hold on a single line key, use the arrow keys to switch between the calls then press the Resume softkey to retrieve the desired call. If more than two calls are on hold on a single key, an indication will appear on the display, for example “2/3” shows that this is the second call out of three calls.
Choose a new ringtone for your phone or assign a different ringtone to each of your lines.
- Press .
- From , select the Edit softkey.
- If there are multiple lines assigned to the device, select the line you wish to modify.
- Highlight the desired ringtone (press the Play softkey to sample ringtones).
- Press the Select softkey.
Note: This device allows you to silence the ringer from .
Visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if someone is busy or available.
- To presence monitor, a system admin must enable this feature on your phone.
- The lines you want to presence monitor must be speed dial assignments on your phone.
See compatible headsets.
Learn about the features we support for the Poly B series phones below. All standard features and buttons, such as stutter tone, reject calls, directories, call waiting, secure provisioning, and Polycom multicast are included (though not listed here).
|Display||Black & White, non-touch||Black & White, non-touch||Black & White, non-touch|
|Accessibility||TTS, larger text UI, high contrast + color filter||TTS, larger text UI, high contrast + color filter||TTS, larger text UI, high contrast + color filter|
- Verify you have created a device profile.
- Verify you have assigned the phone's MAC address to the device profile.
- Verify you have properly plugged in the phone.
From the Web UI
Learn how to provision your phone from the web UI.
- Press OK on the handset to access and then write down the phone's IP Address.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, enter the IP address in the address (URL) bar and then press enter on your keyboard. If the web UI doesn't load, enter https:// before the phone’s IP address.
- Enter admin as your Device Admin Username.
- Enter your Device Admin Password.
- To find your password, log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx and then click Security in the left sidebar.
- The password may also be the default password, admin.
- Go to .
- Remove the default checkmarks for Method, ProvisioningOption, and UCSServer.
- Enter the following settings:
Option Description Parameter Name: Value: Method Select System Start from the drop-down menu.Note: This will change to Time Of Day after initial provisioning, which is expected. ProvisioningOption Select UCSServer from the drop-down menu. UCSServer Enter http://rtcprov.net/~<domain> or http://<domain>.onjive.com/pNote: Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain. PBX Administration (classic) users will find their domain in the parentheses at the top of their portal dashboard. portal users will find their domain in Account Settings.
- Click .
Result: You will see a message that says that the configuration will take effect shortly.
- Click Reboot in the top right corner. You can also select Force Reboot which will end any active calls.
Result: The phone will automatically update its configuration and reboot (possibly more than once). A new firmware file may be downloaded during the upgrade process for your base station.
Troubleshooting: Depending on the firmware your device was previously on, it is possible that the provisioning url will be erased by the device after upgrading. Once the base station has finished the reboot, verify that UCSServer maintained it's value before closing the browser window. You may see ;$DHCPOPT66 after the URL (which is fine). If the URL was erased, you will need to repeat steps 6-9.
Factory resetting a phone is when you restore a device to its original factory settings. This will delete everything that was previously on the device.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select .
- Enter 8647 for the password. If this does not work, try 456 or contact Customer Support for assistance.
- Select .
Result: The phone will automatically reboot.