How do I add a device to an emergency location?
Assign a device to an emergency location so first responders have specific information in the case of an emergency call from that device. Only available in the United States and Canada.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I assign a device to an emergency location?
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Locations in the left sidebar.
- Select Emergency locations.
- Select an existing location and then + Assign devices.
- Enter a device name or select devices from the drop-down menu. Tip: Multiple devices can be added at once.
- Select Add devices.
- Choose a device to add a sub-location or specific callback number. Note:
- In the event of an emergency call, the assigned location, this sub-location, and unique callback number will be sent to first responders.
- Sub-location can also be intentionally left empty.
- If no unique callback number is added, then in the event of an emergency call the callback number assigned to the location will be sent to first responders.
- The unique callback number will fail if the phone number has not completed porting.
- Select Save.
- Verify the emergency location information is accurate by dialing 933. Ensure what you hear matches the information you have entered.