How do I create a dial by name directory?
Create a dial by name directory to allow your callers to reach an extension without knowing it from memory.
About this task: Your system comes ready with an internal directory (includes all extensions) that is assigned as the default directory. You can edit this directory or create a new default directory that internal users can access by dialing *11.
- If you are not already, sign in to GoTo Admin.
- Select Phone system in the left navigation menu and then from the Utilities section, select Directories.
- Select Add directory on the top-right and choose Dial by name from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Name for the dial by name directory.
- Select Save and then choose the new dial by name directory to configure its settings. Note: You can configure the settings to include all extensions, or select specific ones to be included or excluded in the directory.