How do I assign a user to an emergency location?
Assign a user to an emergency location so first responders have accurate information in the case of an emergency call from that user. This feature is only available in the United States and Canada at this time.
- If you do not assign a specific device or user to an emergency location, first responders only have access to the default emergency location information.
- We recommend users call 911 from their cellular phone whenever possible for the most accurate location.
- If the user dials 911 through the GoTo app from their cellular phone, the cellular network will override this emergency location and use the GPS coordinates instead.
- If the user dials 911 from their laptop through the GoTo app, this emergency location would be dispatched to emergency services.
- If you are not already, sign in to GoTo Admin.
- Select Locations in the left navigation menu.
- Select Emergency locations.
- Select an existing location and then + Assign users.
- Enter a user's name or select users from the drop-down menu.
Tip: Multiple users can be added at once.
- Select Add users.
- Choose a user to add a sub-location or specific callback number.
- In the event of an emergency call, the assigned location, this sub-location, and unique callback number will be sent to first responders.
- Sub-location can also be intentionally left empty.
- If no unique callback number is added, then in the event of an emergency call the callback number assigned to the location will be sent to first responders.
- The unique callback number will fail if the phone number has not completed porting.
- Select Save.
- Verify the emergency location information is accurate by calling 933. Ensure the information you hear matches the information you have entered.