How do I assign a user to an emergency location?
Assign a user to an emergency location so first responders have accurate information in the case of an emergency call from that user. Only available in the United States and Canada.
- If you are not already, sign in to your admin portal.
- Select Locations in the left navigation menu.
- Select Emergency locations.
- Select an existing location and then + Assign users.
- Enter a user's name or select users from the drop-down menu. Tip: Multiple users can be added at once.
- Select Add users.
- Choose a user to add a sub-location or specific callback number. Note:
- In the event of an emergency call, the assigned location, this sub-location, and unique callback number will be sent to first responders.
- Sub-location can also be intentionally left empty.
- If no unique callback number is added, then in the event of an emergency call the callback number assigned to the location will be sent to first responders.
- The unique callback number will fail if the phone number has not completed porting.
- Select Save.
- Verify the emergency location information is accurate by calling 933. Ensure the information you hear matches the information you have entered.