How do I assign a device to an emergency location?
Assign a device to an emergency location so first responders have specific information in the case of an emergency call from that device. This feature is only available in the United States and Canada at this time.
Note: This feature is being released in a phased rollout and may not be available on your account yet.
Before you begin: You must have an emergency location created to perform this task.
If you do not assign a specific device or user to an emergency location, first responders only have access to the default emergency location information.
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- Select Locations in the left navigation menu.
- Select Emergency locations.
- Select an existing location and then + Assign devices.
- Enter a device name or select devices from the drop-down menu.
Tip: Multiple devices can be added at once.
- Select Add devices.
- Choose a device to add a sub-location or specific callback number.
- In the event of an emergency call, the assigned location, this sub-location, and unique callback number will be sent to first responders.
- Sub-location can also be intentionally left empty.
- If no unique callback number is added, then in the event of an emergency call the callback number assigned to the location will be sent to first responders.
- The unique callback number will fail if the phone number has not completed porting.
- Select Save.
- Verify the emergency location information is accurate by calling 933. Ensure the information you hear matches the information you have entered.
What to do next: If the device is moved in the future you will need to update the emergency location and/or sub-location for the device.