How do I join a webinar from a browser?
GoToWebinar automatically chooses the optimal join method for you. However if you are in a locked-down environment or prefer joining from the web, you can join using the workaround.
Depending on your system and the type of webinar you are joining, you will be prompted to join through the desktop app or the browser-based Instant Join app.
- If you join from a computer running an operating system that is not supported by the desktop app, then you will automatically join the session using the Instant Join app.
- If you join from a computer running an operating system that is supported by the desktop app, then the desktop app will automatically begin downloading and launch you into session.
If you need to join the webinar from the browser, add the following parameter to the Join URL when it's time to join.
- Register to the webinar.
- When it is time to join the webinar, find the Confirmation email in your inbox. Tip: You can search for firstname.lastname@example.org to quickly filter through your emails.
- Right-click the Join Webinar button and Copy Hyperlink.
- In a Google Chrome or Firefox browser, paste the Join link. At the end of the URL, type in ?clientType=html5 and hit Enter. Note: The Join link will look similar to https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/2057328506534099723/930505186?clientType=html5. This link is not a real webinar but an example!
- The webinar will launch in the browser.