Working with Patch Management in GoTo Resolve
You can view and manage those devices where there is at least one Windows or third-party application update available. This feature requires a Premium license.
How it works
The Software updates page in GoTo Resolve is not a simple copy of your Devices page: even though it lists all your devices, you can only manage your Pro devices. There are two types of updates that you can install with GoTo Resolve:
- Operating system updates
The list of available updates is provided by Microsoft, including the update's category, severity, and other properties that are all listed on one page. You can select any number of devices that you want to update and, similarly, you can choose any Windows update to deploy to your devices. For example, you may want to install all Windows updates to those remote devices that were last updated before a specific date. In this case, you can sort the available updates by their
Last scan status.
Tip: Users without a Premium license can also view the available Windows updates on remote devices but they cannot install those updates.
- Third-party application updates
- GoTo Resolve uses Windows Package Manager (winget) to update third-party applications. To update apps, you can either install all available application updates on selected devices, or install selected application updates on a single device. Third-party apps that you can update with GoTo Resolve are listed at https://winget.run/.
Installing updates includes the following steps:
- First you should find the devices where you want to install patch management updates. See How do I View Available Windows and Third-Party App Updates in GoTo Resolve?
- Then, you can install available updates. See How do I Install Patch Management Updates in GoTo Resolve?
- Finally, you can view the installed updates. See How do I View Past Windows Updates in GoTo Resolve?