Take Notes and Use Smart Notes
Organizers can manually take notes during a meeting and then view them along with the recording and transcription after the session. While you are taking notes, GoToMeeting's AI-powered Smart Assistant will auto-capture meeting highlights and action items and show them alongside your notes after the session. Notes and Smart Notes ensure that key moments are recorded and available for viewing, editing, and sharing along with the rest of your meeting content.
Launch Smart Notes in session
- Make sure you have cloud recording and Transcriptions enabled.
- Record the meeting and next to "Notes", click Open. A browser will launch with your notes.
- Throughout the meeting, you can take notes and bookmark specific parts of the meeting. Because all notes are timestamped and synced with the recording and transcriptions, you can easily navigate through the meeting.
- Note (default) – general note
- Highlight – auto-generated by GoToMeeting
- Action Item – auto-generated by GoToMeeting
- Your notes will be available to you on the meeting recording page after the meeting.
Note: Only the scheduling organizer can launch and take notes during the session.
Review Smart Notes after the session
- Log in at https://global.gotomeeting.com
- Find the recorded meeting in the History tab and Open Recording.
- Click the Notes icon to do the following:
- Filter notes by type (highlights, action items, notes, bookmarks).
- Toggle and display Smart Notes along with manually added notes.
- Play, edit, or delete a manually added note. This will also find the specific meeting time and transcript of the note.
- Accept and reject notes generated by Smart Notes.
- You can share the recording with others and choose to share the Notes component.