How do I start and assign breakout rooms during a meeting?
If you scheduled a meeting with breakout rooms, you can start them at any time (or at multiple times) during the session.
- Start your meeting in the web browser experience or GoTo desktop app.
- From the People pane, select Create breakout rooms.
- Choose the number of rooms you want create. The default is set to 2 rooms, but you can have up to 50.
- Determine how you want to assign attendees to rooms:
- Automatically assign people to rooms – GoTo will randomly sort attendees into rooms.
- Let me assign people to rooms – This will create empty rooms for you to then drag and drop attendees where you want them.
- Select Preview rooms.
Result: The People pane will display how attendees will be split among rooms. From here, you can select Shuffle people, manually move attendees to another room by selecting their name and Move to or drag and drop attendees into the desired rooms.
- Select Start breakout when you are ready.
Result: Attendees will see a countdown before the breakout begins. You can cancel the breakout room during the countdown. If you need to move people around once the breakout has started, simply drag and drop them into the desired room.
- Optional: To end a breakout, select .
Result: All attendees will be moved back to the main room together.