How do I start a meeting by phone? (Classic)
Organizers can start a meeting from their phone by connecting to audio via phone call (toll or toll-free) and entering the organizer PIN. Attendees can join the meeting from all outlets (desktop app, Web App, mobile app, or phone call).
Set an organizer PIN
- Sign in at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
- Click Settings in the left menu.
- Under "Organizer PIN", enter a PIN. Note: You cannot revert setting a PIN. Once a PIN is set, it cannot be disabled.
- Use this PIN when dialing in next time!
Start a meeting by phone
- Make sure you have created an organizer PIN in your settings.
- Call the toll or toll-free number of your meeting from your mobile device. You can open the meeting invite and manually enter the phone number and access code or you can go into your device calendar and tap the linked phone number.
- Press the Star key to confirm you are the organizer.
- Enter your organizer PIN followed by the pound or hash sign. Note: Only the scheduling organizer can start the meeting by phone.
- You have started your meeting! Manage your phone audio with keypad commands.
Organizer best practices
- Listen to attendee list – This helps you identify unknown callers.
- Enable "on-hold" beeps – This helps attendees know they've successfully joined the session.