The User Combo Wizard creates a user, line, and device at the same time and links the resources together. The wizard is broken into four sections and only asks for the most common information before creating all three entities. This action creates a new billable device.
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Users in the left sidebar and then click [WIZARD].
3. Enter the user’s First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
4. Enter the user’s Extension Number. You can choose an omission option if you’d like:
- Omit From Directory: This setting omits the extension from all internal directories.
- Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing: This setting omits the extension from being dialed within an auto attendant.
5. Add the user’s phone to the system:
- Use Existing: Links the device to previously created hardware. Select a hardware profile from the dropdown.
- Create New: Create a new device to link to the new user. Add the following:
- MAC Address – Physical MAC address of the device.
- Model – Model of the device. This will be automatically set up on provisioning and is therefore optional for all phones except the Cisco 79xx series and Cyberdata paging devices.
6. Edit the preset device settings if you’d like:
- Presence Aware: Enables the device to monitor the presence/status of other lines on the system.
- Name: Defines how the device is listed within the admin portal.
- Display Name: Defines what is displayed on the device (certain models only).
7. Click [OK] and then click on the newly added user to edit its optional settings.
8. From the General tab, you can customize the following:
- JiveID: Email address required to access Jive.
- Dialable username: Numerical username used for One Touch Activation and permission-based tasks such as recording prompts, making international calls, or call monitoring.
- Dialable password: Numerical password of at least four digits (default 0000) used with the dialable username to access permission-based tasks such as recording prompts, making international calls, or call monitoring. This password is different from the user’s voicemail password.
- Group membership: Manages the user’s permissions by adding or removing them from a user group.
- Hot desking: Allows a user to load their extension settings to a shared phone and use it as their own (make/receive calls and check voicemail). This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
- Login Enabled: Activates the users Jive ID.
9. Click [SAVE].