How do I create a user?
If you’re not looking for the complete package when adding a user, the add user button creates a stand-alone user only. This is best for someone like an IT consultant who would need access to the admin portal but does not require a device or line.
1. Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
2. Click Users in the left sidebar and then click [ADD USER].
3. Enter the user’s Last Name, First Name, and Email.
4. Click the checkmark icon and then click the newly added user to edit its settings.
5. From the General tab, you can customize the following:
- JiveID: Email address required to access Jive.
- Dialable username: Numerical username used for One Touch Activation and permission-based tasks such as recording prompts, making international calls, or call monitoring.
- Dialable password: Numerical password of at least four digits (default 0000) used with the dialable username to access permission-based tasks such as recording prompts, making international calls, or call monitoring. This password is different from the user’s voicemail password.
- Group membership: Manages the user’s permissions by adding or removing them from a user group.
- Hot desking: Allows a user to load their extension settings to a shared phone and use it as their own (make/receive calls and check voicemail). This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
- Login Enabled: Activates the users Jive ID.
6. Click [SAVE].