Polycom VVX 150 OBi
Learn how to do the most common functions on your phone.
For a more in-depth look at your phone, please see the manufacturer's user's manual.
Automatically forward incoming calls to an internal extension or external number.
- Press the Forward softkey.
- Select your desired forwarding type.
- Unconditional : Forwards all incoming calls.
- No Answer : Forwards all unanswered incoming calls.
- Busy : Forwards all incoming calls while you're in a call.
- Dial the forwarding destination (internal extension or external number).
- If you selected No Answer , enter how many rings to wait before forwarding.
- Press the Enable softkey.
Do Not Disturb (DND)
Stop your phone from ringing and send all incoming calls directly to voicemail.
- Press the Home button.
- Select .
- Press the Enable softkey.
- Press Home again to save the selection.
Your phone logs any missed calls in your call history.
Check your voicemail from your phone.
- Dial *99.
- Dial your password (default 0000).
Download your Voicemail Menu Guide.
Assign regularly dialed numbers to additional line keys on your phone.
- Press the Settings softkey.
- Search for Speed Dials 99.
- To add a new contact, highlight an empty entry and press the Edit softkey.
- To edit an existing contact, select the desired contact and then press the Edit softkey.
- Enter the contact's correct Name and Phone Number.
- Press the Save softkey.
Speak with two parties simultaneously by creating a mini-conference call on your line.
- While on an active call, press the Hold softkey.
- Dial the internal extension or external number to add to the conference.
- Wait for the second party to answer, and then let them know that you would like to add them to a 3-way call.
- Select the call on hold and press the Add to Conf softkey.
Transfer A Call
Place a current call on hold and speak with the destination party before transferring the call.
- While on an active call, press the Transfer softkey.
- Dial the transfer destination (internal extension or external number).
- Speak to the destination party. Tip: To cancel a warm transfer and go back to the original call, look for the Home or Back softkey.
- Press Transfer.
Transfer a call to another party without speaking to them first.
- While on an active call, press the Blind Transfer softkey.
- Dial the transfer destination (internal extension or external number). Tip: To transfer a call directly to voicemail, dial 0 + extension.
Place a call on hold while you take some time to look up an answer to a question or answer another call.
- Press the Hold softkey.
- Press the Resume softkey to retrieve the call. Tip: If multiple calls are on hold on a single line, use the arrow keys to switch between the calls then press the Resume softkey to retrieve the desired call. If more than two calls are on hold on a single key, an indication will appear on the display, for example “2/3” shows that this is the second call out of three calls.
Choose a new ringtone for your phone or assign a different ringtone to each of your lines.
- Press Home.
- Select .
- Highlight the desired ringtone (press the Play softkey to sample ringtones). Note: This phone supports silent ringtones.
- Press the Select softkey.
Visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if someone is busy or available.
- To presence monitor, a system admin must enable this feature on your phone.
- The number of contacts you can presence monitor is limited the number of line keys on your phone.
See what features are supported on your phone.
Call Handling Features
- Warm Transfer
- Blind Transfer
- Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Call Forward All
- Call Forward Busy
- Call Forward No Answer
- Intercom (* + ext)
- Multi-way Calling
- Call Waiting
- On-hook Dialing
- Stutter Tone
User Interface Features
- Call Logs
- On Device Directory
- Adjustable Ringer Volume
- Ring Tone Permanence
- Electronic Hook Switch (EHS)
- 2 SIP Accounts
- 2 Upper Multifunction Keys (supports line assignments)
- Mute Button
- Voicemail Button
- On-device Speed Dial Edit
- Black & White Display
- Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
- Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
- Caller ID (CID)
- Time/Date Display
- On-Screen Message Display
Network & Provisioning
- On Device Ethernet (PoE)
- PC Connection
- Secure Provisioning
- Cisco Multicast
- Web Interface Provisionable
- Wired Headset
From the Web UI
Learn how to provision your phone from the web UI.
- Press .
- Select and then write down the phone's IP Address.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, enter the IP address in the address (URL) bar and then press enter on your keyboard. If the web UI doesn't load, enter https:// before the phone’s IP address.
- Enter admin as your Username.
- Enter your Device Admin Password. Tip:
- To find your password, log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx and then click Security in the left sidebar.
- The password may also be the default password, 456 or admin.
- Go to .
- Enter the following settings:
Option Description Config URL Column Uncheck Default for the column Config URL Row https://rtcprov.net/~‹domain›/$mac.xmlNote: Replace ‹domain› with your unique domain (found in parentheses at the top of the admin portal dashboard).
- Click Submit.
Factory resetting a phone is when you restore a device to its original factory settings. This will delete everything that was previously on the device.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select .
- Enter 8647 for the password. If this does not work, try 456 or contact Customer Support for assistance.
- Select .
Result: The phone will automatically reboot.
Reset Secure Provisioning
After you factory reset a phone, you’ll need to reset secure provisioning from the admin portal so it can reconnect.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Devices in the left sidebar and then choose the device that needs secure provisioning reset.
- From , click Reset.