Send text messages, internal chat messages, and MMS. Texting is only available in the US and Canada.
Before you begin:To send text messages, a system admin must enable this feature on your phone number.
Note: Not all phone numbers support this capability because of the phone number's carrier. You can email email@example.com to get help switching your phone number to a different carrier.
|Desktop & Web App
- Click in the left sidebar.
- Search for a contact's name, extension, or number and then select a contact from the results.
- If the contact has text and chat enabled, choose what type of message you would like to send from Send message to above the messages.
Note: If you have multiple phone numbers assigned to you, select the one you’d like to use in Send from under the new message field.
- At the bottom, type your new message and then press enter on your keyboard.
Note: You cannot delete chat messages.
- Optional: Click to attach a file or image to a text message. Learn about supported file types and file size restrictions here.
Note: Chat messages are not supported in the mobile app.
- Tap in the bottom right corner.
- Tap and then tap Send SMS.
- From To:, search for a contact's name or number and then select a contact from the results.
- At the bottom, type your new message.
- Tap to send the message.
- Optional: Tap to attach an image to a text message. Learn about supported file types and file size restrictions here.