How do I send text and chat messages?
Send internal chat messages, text messages, and MMS. Texting is only available in the US and Canada.
Desktop app or web
- Open the GoTo desktop app on your computer or sign in from a browser.
- Select Message in the left sidebar.
- Search for a contact's name, extension, or number and then select a contact from the results.
- Optional: If the contact has text and chat enabled, choose what type of message you would like to send from Send message to above the messages. Note: If you have multiple phone numbers assigned to you, select the one you’d like to use in Send from under the new message field.
- At the bottom, type your new message and then press enter on your keyboard. Note: You cannot delete chat messages.
- Select to attach a file or image to the message. Learn about supported file types and file size restrictions here.
- Tap Messages. Note: If you don't see this icon, a system admin must enable this feature on your phone number.
- Tap + and then tap Send SMS.
- From To:, search for a contact's name or number and then select a contact from the results.
- At the bottom, type your new message and then tap .
- Optional: Tap to attach an image to a text message. Learn about supported file types and file size restrictions here.