Recorded Webinar Events (Simulated Live Webinars)
Need an easier, scalable and interactive way to run presentations and demos regularly? Want to re-purpose your best content and events to capture additional leads? Recorded webinars (formerly called "Simulated Live" webinars) enable you to record a live webinar and then replay that recording with interaction multiple times! You can set a scheduled time or choose to leave the webinar open so that attendees register and join right away (i.e., “on demand” webinars). See Recorded Webinars FAQs.
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
Schedule a Recorded event
- Host and record a Standard or Webcast event using online recording. This can be a live event that you already have scheduled or an event with no attendees for the sole purpose of replaying it as a Recorded event later.
- From the Dashboard, click Schedule +.
- Add an event title that will appear in the invitation and the event itself, then click Recorded.
- Use the scheduling page to specify the details of your new event.
- Occurs – Choose how often this event will occur (i.e., once, daily, weekly, monthly, custom, or on demand). If you want your attendees to watch the event at any time, select On demand and set an end date.
- Start Date and Time - Select the date and time of the event(s). To add sessions to a custom occurrence, click + Add Another Session.
- Time Zone – Select the event time zone. This will be set to your computer’s time zone by default.
- Select the “Remember my choice” box if you’d like to save this event type for future sessions.
- To publish this Recorded event to your GoToStage channel, click Add to my channel and select the desired channel.
- Click Add a recording.
- You’ll be prompted to select the recording of the webinar that you hosted in Step #1. Note that if your event just ended, you will need to allow time for the online recording to fully process. Click Add.
- Click Schedule.
- You’re ready to customize your event details! Note that any polls and surveys run during the live session will be automatically launched during the Recorded event playback, so do you do not need to manually recreate them for this session.
Note: You can allow attendees to pause, rewind, and fast forward the webinar by checking the "Show Player Controls (to Attendees)" box in the event details.
Change the recording of a Recorded event
- From the Dashboard, click the desired event to open its event details.
- Under "About", click the field with the attached recording.
- Select the desired recording you'd like to replace the current attachment with.
- Click Save.
- The recording has been updated!
Start a Recorded event
On the Event Details page for Recorded webinars, you'll notice there is no Start button that Standard and Webcast webinars have. That's because Recorded webinars are designed to launch themselves automatically, either at the scheduled date and time or "on-demand" (depending on the occurrence you selected).
Watch a Recorded event (attendees)
Joining Simulated Live webinars is easy for your attendees – no download, no dialing in... just click, register, and watch! Attendees will launched into the webinar using their web browser (no matter what device they're joining from), where they can watch the session, submit questions, download handouts and participate in polls and surveys. Learn more.