Record a Session
You can record any session and then store the recording for attendees to view at a later time. When a session is recorded, the presenter's screen, the audio conference and any shared applications are included. GoToWebinar offers you 2 options for session recording. You can choose whichever option works best for you! See Recording methods (online vs. local) for more information.
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
As the organizer, there are a couple steps you need to take to successfully record and share session recordings.
1. Record sessions: Organizers and co-organizers can start and stop recording during the webinar.
2. Convert recordings: If you recorded locally, you must manually convert the temporary recording file into a downloadable format (.WMV or .MP4) after the webinar ends. If you use online recording, this step is not applicable to you.
4. Share recordings: You can share the recording with attendees by giving them the direct URL.
5. Play back recordings: Attendees can use the direct URL to view the recording on any device.
GoToWebinar offers you 2 options for session recording. You can choose whichever option works best for you! You can also change your recording settings at any time. Any changes made will affect all future sessions (even those that are already scheduled).Note that online recording cannot be used with password-protected webinars. In that case, local recording will automatically be used.
1. On the Dashboard, click the Settings icon in the left navigation to access your Settings page.
2. Open the Recording section.
3. Choose whichever option works best for you:
Online recording: Have your recordings automatically saved online to My Recordings (recommended)
With this option, your session recordings will be automatically saved to the Content Library of your online account. From there you can view, download, and share the recordings with attendees. In addition, any registration settings that you set up for the session will be automatically applied to the recording. A local recording will also be saved to your hard drive as a backup.
- Local recording: Have your recordings saved locally on your computer
With this option, your session recordings will be saved as a file on your local hard drive. In order to view or share them with attendees, the recording file will need to be converted to a different format (.MP4). After the session, you will need to manually convert them to a different format using the Recording Manager, and then upload them to the My Recordings page of your online account.
4. Do you want shared webcams to appear in your recordings? Check the Show webcams in recordings box. Keep in mind that this will make your recording files larger.
You can choose to have the desktop app automatically start recording as soon as the webinar broadcast begins. This auto-recording feature can be enabled for all future webinars from the Settings page or for specific webinars from the Event Details page or from the Control Panel.
1. On the Dashboard, click the Settings icon in the left navigation.
2. Open the Recording section.
3. Switch the Start recording automatically when broadcast begins toggle to the "On" position.
We recommend having 2 organizers record the session in case 1 organizer encounters any issues that may potentially disrupt the recording.
1. Ensure that you are sharing your screen or an application, and that you have started the broadcast.
Note: If you are using online recording, sharing your screen is optional. You can choose to only have audio recorded if desired.
2. At the bottom of the Screen Sharing pane, click Start Recording (Windows) or Record (Mac). If you do not see the button in your Windows Control Panel, click View and then Recording at the top of the Control Panel.
Note: The free storage space available in the saved recording file location is displayed next to the button. At least 5 GB of free space must be available to record a session locally. If the recording space drops below 100MB, the recording automatically stops. If you are using online recording and do not have enough free space on your My Recordings page, GoToTraining will automatically switch to local recording.
3. All attendees will see a notification that the session is being recorded at the bottom of their Control Panel. If you are using online recording, all Windows organizers will also see a pop-up message notifying them that the recording has been started.
4. If you are using local recording, you will need to manually convert those sessions using the Recording Manager . If you are using online recording, then this step is not necessary and you will be launched directly to your My Recordings page.
1. At the bottom of the Screen Sharing pane, click Stop Recording (Windows) or Recording (Mac). If you do not see the button in your Windows Control Panel, click View and then Recording at the top of the Control Panel.
2. If desired, you can restart recording during the same session .
3. If you are using local recording, you will need to manually convert those sessions using the Recording Manager . If you are using online recording, then this step is not necessary and you will be launched directly to your Content Library.