How do I record a webinar?
Organizers can start recording the webinar at any time and share the recording for attendees to view at a later time. When a session is recorded, the presenter's screen, the audio conference, and any shared applications are included.
How does a session recording work?
- Record the webinar – Organizers and co-organizers can start and stop the recording.
- Convert the recording (local recording only) – If you are recording locally, you must manually convert the temporary file to a downloadable format (.WMV or .MP4) after the webinar ends.
- Upload the recording (local recording only) – To share your recording with attendees, you must upload it to the Video Library.
- Share the recording – You can share the recording with attendees by giving them the direct URL or attaching the recording to the Follow-Up email.
- Watch the recording – Attendees can use the direct URL to view the recording on any device.
Start and stop a recording
- Ensure that you are sharing your screen or an application, and that you have started the broadcast. Note: If you are using online recording, sharing your screen is optional. You can choose to only have the audio recorded.
- At the bottom of the Screen Sharing pane, click Start Recording (Windows) or Record (Mac). If you do not see the button in your Windows Control Panel, click View and then Recording at the top of the Control Panel. Note: The free storage space available in the saved recording file location is displayed next to the button. At least 5GB of free space must be available to record a session locally. If the recording space drops below 100MB, the recording automatically stops. If you are using online recording and do not have enough free space on your My Recordings page, GoTo Webinar will automatically switch to local recording.
- All participants will see a notification that the session is being recorded.
- When you're ready to stop the recording, click Stop Recording (Windows) or Recording (Mac).
- If desired, you can restart recording during the same session.
- Once the webinar is over, you will be prompted to convert the session using the Recording Manager (if you are using local recording) or be taken to the Video Library (if you are using online recording).