Charge for Webinars (Beta)
Organizers can charge participants for their webinar sessions through Stripe, a third-party payment integration! This allows you to increase revenue and manage payments, all from GoToWebinar! Registrants can pay online using major credit and debit cards (i.e., Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express). As part of this beta, you can set a price for you webinar, accept payments online in US dollars, receive payments to your Stripe account, and manage and issue cancellations and refunds. To send feedback or ask questions, please email paymentsBeta@logmein.com.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order for you to use this feature, your account must be enabled and your account admin must connect the account to a Stripe account. If you do not see the Charge for Webinars feature and would like to participate in the beta program, please email paymentsBeta@logmein.com
Before you begin...
Read through the following for additional details.
- You must be using the new GoToWebinar experience.
- Stripe is currently the only support payment service, and you need to have a verified Stripe account to charge attendees for webinars.
- If you are part of a GoToWebinar Corporate account, each organizer will need to set up their own Stripe account.
- Your attendees need a major credit or debit card to register and pay – they do not need to have Stripe accounts.
- Stripe charges 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction, and LogMeIn charges 1.9% per transaction.
- You can test payments by setting your webinar at 1 USD and going through the registration flow as an attendee. You can refund yourself the 1 USD afterward.
- Your attendees are able to register and pay from a mobile device.
Connect your GoToWebinar account to your Stripe account (admins only)
- Confirm that your email address has been enabled with Charge for Webinars Beta feature. If it hasn't, contact paymentsBeta@logmein.com.
- Make sure you have a Stripe account created.
- Log in at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- Click Admin Settings in the left menu and Set up next to "Add Payments".
- Click Connect with Stripe. Follow the prompts to connect your Stripe account to GoToWebinar. Once completed, you should see a Success message.
Add a payment to your session
Log in at https://global.gotowebinar.com.
- Either schedule a new webinar event or open an existing one.
Note: Charge for Webinars is not available on Recorded or Webcast events at this time.
- From the Event Details, open Payments (Beta). By default, all webinars are set to free.
- Click Free and enter the amount you want to charge each registrant in US dollars, and click Save.
Note: You may want to add cancellation and/or refund information in the description field of the webinar so as to be clear to registrants how you handled cancellations and/or refunds. This description is also added to the Confirmation email your registrants receive after they register and pay.
Check for paid registrants
- Open your Registrants list and see each registrant and the amount paid.
- Alternatively, you can check your Stripe dashboard and view each payment. The dashboard will also show Stripe and LogMeIn fees.
Cancel a registrant
- Open your Registrants list.
- Locate the desired registrant and cancel their registration. If you’d like to issue a refund, check the Issue Refund box and cancel their registration.
- Please review the following notes on refunds:
- At this time, we only issue full refunds.
- LogMeIn will fully refund the 1.9% convenience fee for cancellations and refunds made within 60 days of the attendee’s registration date and in GoToWebinar.
- Stripe does not issue refunds of their convenience fee.
- When you issue a refund, the entire amount will be issued back to your customer.