Accept Payments FAQs
View frequently asked questions about the Accept Payments feature.
Yes. You must have a confirmed and verified Stripe account to use the Accept Payment feature.
No. Your customers can pay with a major credit or debit card (i.e., Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and Express).
Yes, we only support Stripe at this time.
Yes, you can enable all GoTo Webinar organizers to be able to accept payments through your Stripe account. See Accept Payments.
Stripe charges a fee per transaction (fee varies by currency; view Stripe's pricing for details). GoTo Webinar does not charge any additional fees.
No. Stripe does not issue refunds on their fee. Please check Stripe's site for more details.
Currently, the best way to test is to set your webinar with a payment of any amount in any currency. Then go through the flow as an attendee and use your credit card to purchase the webinar. You can always refund yourself the money from GoTo Webinar or Stripe. Please see question above.
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox v34+
- Apple Safari 6+
- Google Chrome v34+
No, this is currently not available.
No. Registration must be done using the current GoTo Webinar Registration pages.
That’s okay! Registrants using a web browser and/or the GoTo Webinar mobile app will see the payment wall.
- Log in at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- Click Admin Settings in the left menu and Disconnect next to "Add Payments".
GoTo Webinar allows you to set your registration limit at 10x the attendee limit (e.g., if your account supports 100 attendees, you can set your registration limit to 1,000). We do not have anything set up to stop registrations from signing up and paying once you’ve reached the attendee limit. Keep an eye out on your registrant list and stop publicizing your event once your attendee limit is reached.
Yes, you can change the price at any time. Simply go to the Payment section of the Event Details page and change the price at any time you want!
Yes. You can create as many discount codes as you’d like. Click + Discount Code and enter the discounted price along with the discount code, then click Update.
- Add discount codes – For example, you can create a “FREEPROMO” discount code with a $0 price.
- Invite as panelist or co-organizer – You can invite the user as a panelist or co-organizer, which will give them some webinar controls. This option is good for a coworker or someone you want in the webinar that you trust.
- Disable payment – You can change the payment back to "free" to allow registrants to register for free. Then add a price again to accept payments.
No. Co-organizers and panelists do not have to pay to attend the webinar.
Yes. See Cancellation FAQs.
You can accept payments on live, recorded, and webcast webinars and virtual events, depending on your subscription.
- United States dollar
- Australian dollar
- Canadian dollar
- Swiss franc
- Danish krone
- British pound
- Mexican peso
- Norwegian krone
- Swedish krona
- All – Registrants will attend all sessions (i.e., this can be a class or workshop that meets 4 times with the same people each time).
- Individual - Registrants will only attend the selected sessions (i.e., this may be the same topic that you host again and again but different people attend each one).
Yes! If you recorded a live webinar event, simply distribute the same Registration URL that you used before the event and attach a recording. The Registration URL will then take paid registrants to the recording.
For example, if you hosted and recorded a webinar called “Project Management 101” and charged registrants $100 to attend, you can share your Registration URL (https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1154310588511334668) so future registrants can pay to view the recording.
The recording is available as long as your GoTo Webinar account is active and until your seat limit is met (e.g., the number of attendees is reached). If you’d like to remove the recording so it can no longer be viewed, you can remove it at any time.
- Sign in to your account at https://dashboard.gotowebinar.com.
- Click Settings in the left menu and Recording.
- Check the Save Recordings to Video Library box.
Yes. If you include a video (See “How do I attach a recording to an event?”) in the Follow Up Email for either attendees or absentees, they will have access to the recording without having to pay again. The recording link is not meant to be shared but can be by your registrants.
Yes. Make sure the video has been added to your GoTo Webinar Video Library then schedule a Recorded event. Remember to select the "On-demand" option. See Recorded Webinar Events (Simulated Live Webinars).
This is a known issue. As a workaround, click on the Registration URL and you will see the Registration page.
Yes. If you have co-organizers, they can see and edit any payment information (including discount codes) you created. Pick your co-organizers wisely!
Registration & Join FAQs
- Tell your attendees to check their Spam or Junk email folders.
- Tell your attendees to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their contacts. Confirmation emails come from that email address.
- Resend the confirmation email.
- Call our Customer Support team to check the bounce list for any denylisted email address. We denylist any email addresses that give us repeated delivery errors.
Yes! View Send Confirmation Emails to Registrants.
We recommend you use automatic approvals. In this case, registrants will automatically get a confirmation email once they pay. If you set the approval type to Manual, registrants will pay first and then see a “Pending approval by organizer” screen.
Yes! See Add Fields to Webinar Registration Form.
An attendee can join from up to 3 separate devices. GoTo Webinar allows this in case attendees have trouble joining from their machine, Once attendees try to join from a 4th device, they will hit an error.
The default confirmation email has a “Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you” message, you can choose to include an additional note that the Join link is only for paying attendees only.
Yes. You can choose to add a recording in the follow-up emails. Keep in mind that the recording can be watched as many times while it is posted and the link can be shared widely by your attendees. To avoid this, you can choose to make the recording available for a certain amount of time after the webinar and remove the link once it’s time.
Currently, the best place to add your cancellation and refund policy is in the webinar event description. In the Event Details, click in the Description field and add your policy.
No. The Cancel Registration link is not customizable at this time. You should have a disclaimer about cancellation on your end.
Yes, this is your choice. View How do I cancel a registrant and issue a full refund?
No. Unfortunately Stripe does not appear to issue refunds on their fees; however, please check your agreement with Stripe.
You may want to consider refunding on a limited basis or not offering refunds to your customers.