How do I charge attendees to join webinars?
GoTo Webinar organizers can charge attendees to join their webinars or virtual event by connecting GoTo Webinar with Stripe, a third-party payment integration. This allows you to charge for your content, increase revenue, and manage payments, all from GoTo Webinar. Registrants can pay online using major credit and debit cards.
Before you begin...
- Stripe is currently the only supported payment service.
- You need to have a verified Stripe account to be able to accept payments for your webinars.
- Registrants need a major credit or debit card (i.e., Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) to register and pay – they do not need to have Stripe accounts.
- Stripe charges a fee per transaction (fee varies by currency; view Stripe's pricing for details.
- You can test payments by setting your webinar or virtual event at a price and going through the registration flow as an attendee. You can refund yourself afterwards.
Connect your GoTo Webinar account to your Stripe account (admins)
Admins can connect their GoTo Webinar account to a Stripe account from the GoTo Webinar Settings page or Admin Center.
- Make sure you have a Stripe account.
- Whether you're in the GoTo Webinar dashboard or Admin Center, follow these steps:
- Select Connect with Stripe. Follow the prompts to connect your Stripe account to GoTo Webinar. Once completed, you should see a Success message. Note: By connecting to Stripe, you are allowing all GoTo Webinar users on your account to accept payments for their webinars and virtual events.
Add a price to your webinar or virtual event (organizer)
- Sign in to your account at https://dashboard.gotowebinar.com.
- Either schedule a new webinar or virtual event, or open an existing one.
- From the Event Details, open Add Payment.
- Select Free, then enter the amount and currency you want to charge each registrant. Select Save Amount. Tip: Add cancellation and/or refund information in the webinar description field so as to be clear to registrants how you handle cancellations and/or refunds. This description is attached to the confirmation email your registrants receive after they register and pay.
Check for paid registrants
- Open your Registrants list to view each registrant and the amount paid.
- Alternatively, you can check your Stripe dashboard and view each payment. The Stripe dashboard will also show Stripe fees.