Why can't anyone hear me?
Are you having a hard time being heard by other participants in the session? Let's see if we can fix that! There are a few possibilities for what might be happening.
- You might be muted — It's possible that you are currently muted, which prevents other participates from hearing your audio. If using a headset, check that there's not a separate mute button on there that was selected.
- The wrong audio mode might be selected — When you are in a session, you are able to specify which audio mode you use to connect to the audio conference (depending on which modes the organizer made available). It's possible that the default mode you joined with is not the one you want, and that you need to manually switch it.
- If you want to connect with your mic and speakers, make sure Computer Mode or Internet Mode is selected.
- If you want to connect with your telephone, make sure Phone Mode is selected.
- The organizer might not have provided your selected mode as an option for the session — While GoTo Training provides users with multiple options for connecting to the audio conference, it is up to the organizer to decide which audio modes are available in each session. Try using the alternative option.
I am trying to connect using my telephone.
- There might be a problem with your telephone service provider — If there is a problem with your telephone connection, it might be an issue with your service provider. We cannot provide troubleshooting support for your service provider, but we can suggest that you try connecting via mic and speakers instead.
- It might have been a bad connection — Try hanging up and rejoining to see if a better connection can be established.
I am trying to connect using a mic and speakers (VoIP).
- GoTo Training might be picking up sound through a headset instead of speakers — If you have a headset plugged into your computer or device but you are not currently wearing it, GoTo Training might be using it as your audio input device. Either put on the headset, unplug the headset, or see How do I test my audio? to learn how to specify which device to use as a microphone.
- You might not have a microphone plugged into your computer or device — If you're sure you have a microphone plugged into your computer, it's possible that GoTo Training hasn't detected it. You can check your mic and speaker setup and even test your audio devices.
- If you are using the Instant Join app, you might not be running Google Chrome — You can only connect to the audio session using Computer mode if you are running Google Chrome.
- If you are using the web app, you might need to give the app permission to access your microphone — The first time that you join a session from the web, you will be prompted to allow the app permission to use your microphone. If you accidentally denied it permission, you will need to enable it so your audio can be heard.
- If you are using a computer, then your microphone might need its settings adjusted — Sometimes an enhancement setting on your microphone can cause low volume, clipping, or no sound at all. You can try disabling these enhancement settings.