Why can't anyone hear me?
Are you having a hard time being heard by other participants in the session? Let's see if we can fix that! There are a few possibilities for what might be happening – we've explained the most likely scenarios at the top.
- You might be muted. – It's possible that you are currently muted which prevents other participates from hearing your audio.
- The wrong audio mode might be selected in GoTo Training. – When you are in a session, you are able to specify which audio mode you use to connect to the audio conference (depending on which modes the organizer made available). It's possible that the default mode you joined with is not the one you want, and that you need to manually switch it.
- If you want to connect with your mic and speakers, make sure Computer Mode or Internet Mode is selected.
- If you want to connect with your telephone, make sure Phone Mode is selected.
I am trying to connect using my telephone.
- There might be a problem with your telephone service provider. –If there is a problem with your telephone connection, it might be an issue with your service provider. We cannot provide troubleshooting support for your service provider, but we can suggest that you try connecting via mic and speakers instead.
- The organizer might not have provided Phone Mode as an option for the session. – While GoTo Training provides users with multiple options for connecting to the audio conference, it is up to the organizer to decide which audio modes are available in each session. See Why can't I connect to audio with my telephone? for more information.
I am trying to connect using a mic and speakers (VoIP).
- GoTo Training might be picking up sound through a headset instead of speakers. – If you have a headset plugged into your computer or device but you are not currently wearing it, GoTo Training might be using it as your audio input device. Either put on the headset, unplug the headset or see How do I test my audio? to learn how to specify which device to use as a microphone!
- You might not have a microphone plugged into your computer or device. – If you're sure you have a microphone plugged into your computer, it's possible that GoTo Training hasn't detected it. You can check your mic and speaker setup and even test your audio devices. See How do I test my audio? for more information.
- The organizer might not have provided Computer Mode as an option for the session. – While GoToTrainng provides users with multiple options for connecting to the audio conference, it is up to the organizer to decide which audio modes are available in each session. See Why can't I connect to audio with my mic and speakers (VoIP)? for more information.
- If you are using the Instant Join app, you might not be running Google Chrome. –You can only connect to the audio session using Computer mode if you are running Google Chrome.
- If you are using the Instant Join app, you might need to give the app permission to access your microphone. – The first time that you join a session from the web, you will be prompted to allow the app permission to use your microphone. If you accidentally denied it permission, you will need to enable it so your audio can be heard.
- Click the Camera icon in the address bar.
- Select the "Always allow https://app.gotomeeting.com to access your microphone" option.
- Select your microphone from the drop-down menu and click Done.
- If you are using a computer, then your microphone might need its settings adjusted. –Sometimes an enhancement setting on your microphone can cause low volume, clipping, or no sound at all. You can try disabling these enhancement settings.
- Open the Sound settings (in Windows 7, this is under ).
- On the Recording tab, select the microphone that you want to use. If it is not displayed, then make sure it is plugged in.
- Click Properties, then go to the Enhancements tab.
- Select the "Disable all sound effects" check box, then click OK.