How do I Transfer a Ticket to Another Helpdesk Service?
You can transfer a ticket to another service within the organization so that the relevant agents can pick up the ticket.
- Sign in to the Console at http://console.gotoresolve.com.
- Go to the Helpdesk page and switch to list view.
- Hover over a ticket and select the three dots on the right to open the quick actions menu. Then click Transfer ticket.
- Select a helpdesk service, where you want to transfer your ticket.
Tip: To create a new helpdesk service, select Add new helpdesk service at the bottom of the drop-down list.
- Select a category for your ticket.
Tip: To create a new category, select Add category at the bottom of the drop-down list.
- Transfer the ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can agents transfer tickets to any helpdesk service?
- Yes, agents can transfer tickets to any helpdesk service, not just to those that they are members of.
- What if I transfer a ticket to a helpdesk service where I'm not a member?
- If you transfer a ticket to a helpdesk service where you are not a member then you will not be able to select the ticket category. After transferring the ticket the category will be cleared from the ticket.
- What happens to the assignee of a transferred ticket?
- The Assignee is cleared when the ticket is transferred, that is, it will not be assigned to anyone. A transferred ticket is assigned automatically as soon as it moves to Open status.