How do I Create Tickets in the Customer Portal?
As an end user, you can submit tickets in the Portal.
- Sign in to the Customer Portal at https://helpdesk.me/tickets.
- On the Helpdesk page, click Add new ticket.
The Ticket details page appears.
- Fill in the details of your ticket.
- Add a Subject that best describes your issue and gives an immediate idea about your problem to an agent.
- Add a Summary that is as detailed as possible. This helps an agent better understand your issue.
- Make sure the correct Helpdesk service is selected. The ticket will be channeled to the agents of the selected helpdesk service.
- You can also Attach Files to describe your issue. See below for supported file types.
- Select a Priority for your ticket, unless you want to use the default ticket priority, which is Medium.
- Optionally, add a Due date by when your issue should be resolved.
- Save your ticket.
What details do you see on the My tickets page?
- Ticket ID - An internal identifier of your ticket.
- Status - The current status of your ticket, which changes as your issue is processed. The following statuses are available:
- Open - the ticket is assigned to an agent
- In Progress - an agent started working on the ticket
- On Hold - the ticket is assigned, but work is temporarily put on hold
- Blocked - the assigned agent cannot continue work on the issue
- Resolved - issue is resolved. Ticket will be closed.
- Closed - the ticket is closed
- Cancelled - the ticket is no longer relevant
- Subject - Subject of the ticket as defined during ticket creation.
- Category - The category selected for the ticket.
- Assigned To - Name of the agent who is assigned to your issue.
- Priority - Priority of the ticket.
- Due Date - Date by when your issue should be resolved.
- Helpdesk Service - Name of the helpdesk service, or channel that takes care of your ticket.
What types of files can you attach to a ticket?
- PNG images
- JPG images
- JPEG images
- GIF images
- MPEG audio files
- MP4 audio and video files
- Plain text files
- CSV files
- Microsoft Word documents
- Microsoft Excel documents
- Microsoft Powerpoint documents
- PDF documents
- Quicktime videos