What does "The timestamp signature and/or certificate could not be verified or is malformed" mean?
If you tried to join a meeting and hit this error, it means Windows is unable to update its internal certificate. This can be caused by many scenarios, but is easily resolved.
- In the "Error - GoTo Opener" window, select Show log file.
- Search the log file for the latest instance of https://builds.getgocdn.com:443/builds/g2m. This file should end with G2MCoreInstExtractor.exe.
Note: An example of the file is https://builds.getgocdn.com:443/builds/g2m/18705/G2MCoreInstExtractor.exe.
- Copy the file link and paste it in a new browser.
Result: This will download the new file to your computer.
- Once downloaded, open your Downloads folder, find and then right-click on the newly downloaded file.
- From , select .
- From Digital Signatures, select to verify the "Valid from" dates have not expired.
- Update as needed and then select OK.
- Rejoin your meeting.