How do I configure GoTo Meeting to work with firewalls?
If you use a personal firewall software to block unwanted network access, it's possible that your firewall software is blocking the download or subsequent network connections for GoTo Meeting. By default, all third-party and built-in Windows and macOS firewalls will allow access automatically or after asking for permission when you first join a session. If you have a more restrictive configuration or denied access initially, you can manually enable GoTo Meeting in your security software's firewall settings.
Manually unblock the download
Most security programs allow you to configure access to specific programs in their firewall settings. Learn what you need to allow based on the version of the app that you are using below:
GoTo desktop app
- On Windows — Look in the program rules for goto.exe and set it to Allow or Full Access.
- On macOS — Look in the program rules for GoTo and set it to Allow or Full Access.
GoTo browser app
- On Windows — Look in the program rules for chrome.exe and set it to Allow or Full Access.
- On macOS — Look in the program rules for Google Chrome and set it to Allow or Full Access.
V10 GoToMeeting app
- On Windows — Look in the program rules for g2mcomm.exe and g2mvideoconference.exe set it to Allow or Full Access.
- On macOS — Look in the program rules for GoToMeeting set it to Allow or Full Access.
The method for doing this will vary depending on both your operating system and the firewall software that you are using (e.g., the built-in Windows Firewall vs. a third-party application like McAfee or Norton). For more targeted assistance, please visit the support site of the manufacturer for the security program that you have installed on your computer.
Update anti-virus software settings
Anti-virus software may block the download of the GoTo desktop app. If this happens, try using the GoTo web version or update the settings in your anti-virus software to allow the download of the GoTo app and subsequent files.
Configure firewalls within a network domain
If you are in a corporate environment, there is most likely a central firewall that may need to be configured to allow GoTo traffic for a successful connection. Please contact your IT department to make the required configurations.