How do I start a scheduled meeting? (Classic)
After you schedule a meeting, you can start it at its scheduled time or before, which makes it easy to practice ahead of time.
Start a session from the web
- Sign in at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
- In the Rooms or One-Time tab, choose the session you wish to begin.
- Select Start.
- The GoTo Meeting app will automatically launch you into session.
See Using the Control Panel (Windows and Mac) for information about the features and tools available to you while in a session. For help with downloading the desktop app, view Steps for Installing on Windows or Steps for Installing on Macs
Start a session from the desktop app
- Access the desktop app menu as follows:
- If it is not currently running, locate the application on your computer and open it.
- If it is already running, right-click the daisy icon in the system tray (Windows) or toolbar (Mac).
- Click My Meetings.
- The My Meetings window will launch. Select the session you wish to begin then click Start.
See Using the Control Panel (Windows and Mac) for information about the features and tools available to you while in a session.
Start a session from the Join URL
- If you have the Join URL on hand (such as in an email reminder), you can simply click it to automatically launch the session.
- If prompted, log in with your email and password. Note: If you are not already logged in, you may need to click start the meeting to launch the log in window.
Start a scheduled meeting from Microsoft Outlook
- Open the desired appointment on your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Select Start Meeting.