Common error messages
These are some of the common error messages you may come across while launching, joining, or participating in a session as well as what you can do should you encounter them.
Could not connect
- Make sure that you are connected to the internet. As needed, reset your modem, router, or networking equipment and then run the GoTo Meeting Connection Wizard.
- Check to see if there are any outages in your area.
- Make sure that any firewalls you might be using are configured correctly so they are not blocking the application from connecting with us.
Invalid Meeting ID
- Make sure that you have entered the correct 9-digit ID.
- Make sure that the meeting date and time is accurate compared to when you are trying to join.
Meeting is full
Note that although organizers can register more attendees than their capacity allows, only the first attendees to join will be allowed into the session (depending on the plan selected by the organizer). This means that even if you received a Registration Confirmation message, you will not be able to join if the capacity has been reached.
Organizer experiencing technical difficulties
- If you or your company uses firewall allowlisting to restrict network access to only specific websites or software, check out our Optimal Firewall Configuration article to ensure there is no missing allowlisting and that your service can connect.
- Have your domain admin install GoTo Meeting via MSI (Windows)/DMG (Mac) and run the app as an admin to ensure proper clearance.
The timestamp signature and/or certificate could not be verified or is malformed
- From the "Error - GoTo Opener" window, select Show log file.
- Search the log file for the latest instance of https://builds.getgocdn.com:443/builds/g2m. This file should end with G2MCoreInstExtractor.exe (For example: https://builds.getgocdn.com:443/builds/g2m/18705/G2MCoreInstExtractor.exe).
- Copy the file link and paste it in a new browser.
Result: This will download the new file to your computer.
- Once downloaded, open your Downloads folder, find and then right-click on the newly downloaded file.
- From , select .
- From Digital Signatures, select to verify the "Valid from" dates have not expired.
- Update as needed and then select OK.
- Rejoin your meeting.