1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click the dial plan you want to edit.
- The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Before editing your dial plan, make sure you have recorded or uploaded the sound clip that you will use in your auto attendant.
3. Drag and drop the Auto Attendant node in the left sidebar to the desired spot on the canvas.
4. Drag and drop the target icon of the previous node to the left side of the Auto Attendant node so that they are connected. This is important in preventing dropped calls.
5. Complete the following setting(s):
- Choose…: Select the sound clip that will play.
- Timeout: Enter the time (in seconds) that the caller has to select an option before going to the “On timeout go to” call flow (time begins after the sound clip ends).
- Allow Extension Dialing: If checked, the caller can dial (at any time) and be routed to any system extension. A dialed auto attendant option will take precedence over a dialed extension.
- On timeout: The caller is routed to this call flow if no option is dialed during the timeout period. Drag and drop the target on the next node in the dial plan. Disconnected targets will hang up on the caller when the timeout duration expires.
- On invalid: The caller is routed to this call flow if an invalid option is dialed. Drag and drop the target on the next node in the dial plan. Disconnected targets will hang up on the caller when an invalid option is selected.
- Dialable Options: Enter the dialable codes from which the caller can choose. Dialable codes can be numbers, # (pound), * (star), or any combination. Drag and drop the target on the next node in the dial plan. Disconnected targets will hang up on the caller when the corresponding option is selected.
- [Add Option]: Adds dialable option rows. There is not limit to the number of options that be added.
6. Continue to build out the call flow. When you complete it, click [SAVE].