How do I authorize and remove an IP address range?
Usually, networks are automatically authorized when a device registers and provisions with Jive; however, for an individual who frequently changes networks (e.g. mobile users), you can authorize a range of IP addresses to allow them to roam more freely without needing to reboot their phone, or log out and back in to their mobile app each time their network changes.
- First, identify the IP address range and then perform a Google search for “my ip address”. Copy your public IP address that displays at the top of your results.
- Go to http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/YOUR_IP_ADDRESS where YOUR_IP_ADDRESS is replaced with your IP address. For example, if your IP address was 10.20.333.444 you would go to http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/10.20.333.444.
If this method fails, navigate to http://whois.arin.net and search for your IP address in the upper-right corner.
- Copy the CIDR.
If necessary, you can double-check the CIDR by seeing if the CIDR ends in /8. If so, it is possible that the range belongs to another regional internet registry. If the Net Type mentions any of the following, you will need to perform a search from the respective registry:
- RIPE NCC
- Verify the internet service provider (ISP) is correct.
- Format the network to include the subnet mask using CIDR notation. For example, 18.104.22.168/24 where /24 is the subnet mask.
If the provider is a cellular carrier, it is common to see “Service Provider Corporation” displayed as the ISP.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Network Access in the left sidebar.
To remove access, click the network you want to delete and then select and confirm the action by pressing Delete.
- Click Add Network Access Permission.
- Enter the CIDR as the Network and enable Reg and Prov.
- Enter an Expiration date for the network range and/or enter a Comment to help identify the network range.
- Click .