How do I set up texting on a phone number?
Send and receive text messages and MMS (media) right from your business number. Only available in the United States and Canada.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administrate their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Phone Numbers in the left sidebar and then click the phone number that needs texting enabled.
- From , select the user that will send text messages and MMS from this phone number.Attention: If you do not see the texting tab, it is because the carrier of your phone number does not support texting and MMS. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get help switching your phone number to a different carrier.
- Select the newly added user and then check Enable Texting under the Permissions field. Note: Limit texting permissions to one user per phone number.
- Click Save.
Result: It can take ≈20 minutes before texting is fully functional.
- Optional: To remove a user’s texting permissions, hover over the user and then click .