How do I create a dial plan?
Create a dial plan to customize how you handle inbound calls.
- You must have admin or super admin permissions.
- Extensions, sound clips, hold music, etc. must be created outside of the editor before they can be added to the dial plan.
If you already have an existing dial plan, you can clone it, make edits within that copy, and then try it out without altering your original dial plan or starting from nothing. This can be very useful when trying something new!
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then select Add Dial Plan.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the dial plan.
- Select and then select the new dial plan to open the editor.
- Drag and drop nodes from the library to the workspace. Learn more about dial plan nodes.
- Drag and drop to connect nodes in a call flow. Make sure each target icon has a destination or calls will be dropped.
- Complete the settings for each node.
- Select Save.