How do I add a contact's information to a call or chat?
Use the customer information view to identify your customers, keep track of their interactions with your company, and create a consistent positive experience for them, regardless of the channels they use.
Before you begin: You must be set up as a user and be assigned the agent role.
- While on an active call or chat in the GoTo desktop/web app, select the person icon on the left of the call overlay or conversation window.
- Search to see if the contact already exists (any available call information will pre-populate in the search fields).
- If it does, select the contact and then select Link call to this contact (or conversation). You can then edit any details as needed using the Edit button.
- If it does not, select Add new contact, enter the available information, and then select Save and link call (or conversation).
- Optional: Select the notebook icon to add notes and/or tags to the conversation. These will auto-save and be available throughout the wrap-up period.
- Optional: Select the history icon to view a history of all linked interactions with this contact. You can search by key words or tags.
Remember: A history is started after a contact has been created and at least one call or chat has been linked to the contact.