How do I change my Mac desktop app preferences?
You can change your host and join settings using the desktop app. Depending on whether you are the organizer or the attendee, you will see different options.
First, open your preferences to make updates to your settings.
Change General preferences
- Remember me - Request that GoTo Webinar automatically sign you in to the desktop app by enabling the "Remember me" check box. This will allow you to start and join webinars faster.
- Display name - The desktop app can remember and display the specified name and email address in the Attendees pane each time you are in session. This allows you to avoid having to fill in your name and email address each time you join someone else's session.
- Email integration - If you enable this check box, it will allow you to integrate GoToMeeting with a MAPI-compliant email/calendar program. Depending on your email application's capabilities, integration with MAPI-enabled programs allows for features such as automatically adding meetings to a calendar and automatic creation of email messages with meeting information.
Note: You must restart your email application in order for changes to be applied.
Change recording preferences
- Location of recording files - By default, your raw recording files will be saved to the Documents folder on your computer. You can change this location at any time by clicking Choose and selecting a new location. See Locate Recording Files for more information.
- Conversion reminders - You must convert you session recordings in order to make them viewable for other individuals. The Recording Manager will appear automatically at the end of each recorded session as a reminder to convert the recording file, but you can choose to disable this reminder.
Change session preferences
- Mute upon joining - By default, when you first join a session run by another organizer your audio will be muted (in order to reduce the audio feedback and background noise created when attendees first join a session). You can deselect this check box if you would prefer to join sessions with your audio unmuted.
- Hide panes from attendees - You can choose to hide the Attendees pane and/or the Chat pane from the Control Panels of your attendees by selecting the check boxes. Note that hiding the Chat pane will prevent your attendees from being able to chat with you or each other during the session.
Note: Panes will only be hidden from attendees; co-organizer will continue to see the hidden panes.
- Create a welcome message - You can choose to have a default "welcome" message automatically appear in the Chat pane of each attendee as they join the session. Note that this message will apply to each session that is run while it is enabled.
Change webcam preferences
- Webcam preview - This will show you your live webcam feed, allowing you to make sure everything looks the way you want it to before you broadcast it to other session participants.
- Camera settings - This will show you the make and model of the device being used as a webcam. If you have multiple devices connected, you can choose the desired one from the drop-down menu.
- Display format - You can choose to adjust the aspect ratio of your webcam (i.e., have it displayed in "normal" or "widescreen" view).
Change automatic update preferences
- Automatic Updates - Choose whether to allow the GooToWebinar desktop app to proactively install new versions of the desktop app, which will get you into sessions faster (recommended). See Use Automatic Updates to learn more.