What is the browser-based Instant Join app?
The Instant Join app is the browser-based version of GoToWebinar that doesn't require any downloads. It is contained within the web browser.
The browser experience is especially beneficial for users who are having trouble installing the desktop app or are in locked-down environments that can't download software.
- Use GoToWebinar within locked-down environments. If you have software-installation restrictions (e.g., you're using a company computer or net kiosk), you can still join sessions!
- Get into session even faster than with the desktop app. This is great for when you need to quickly touch base and share your screen.
- Easily switch to the full-featured desktop app. Do you want to use additional features and tools? Seamlessly download and switch to the desktop app during the session.
What features and tools are available on the web experience?
You can use the following features and tools when you join a session from a browser. See Are there limitations if I join the webinar from a browser? for details on what's not supported on the Instant Join app.
- Join instantly without going through a download or installation.
- Connect to the audio conference using your computer's mic and speakers * or by dialing via phone.
- View the presenter's shared screen.
- Mute and unmute yourself (if enabled by the organizer).
- Raise your hand to get the organizer's attention.
- Receive a desktop notification when webinar begins or presenter starts sharing a video.