Edit a Video
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
- Sign in to your account at https://dashboard.gotowebinar.com.
- Click the Video icon in the left toolbar.
- Locate the desired video and click the More icon.
- Click Edit Video. Note that you are making changes to the original video. To make a copy of the original, download the video to your computer before editing.
- Cut out the beginning, middle, and/or end by dragging the scissor. You may preview your changes before saving.
- Once edited, click the More icon and + Save Video. Once you save the video, it will take 10-15 minutes on average (for a 60-minute video) to save and process. The video will then be updated in all linked places (e.g., Follow-Up emails, Recorded events, GoTo Stage).
Can you edit multiple videos at once?
Yes, you can edit another video while other video edits are being saved.
Why isn't my follow-up email being updated with the edited video?
GoTo Webinar may still be processing the edits, which can take approximately 10-15 minutes for a 60-minute video. Once the video is done saving, all items linked to the video will be updated. Check your Video Library to confirm whether or not the video is done being saved.
Why can't I preview and save my video?
You may have overlapping areas which are shown in red. Drag the scissors to the point where there is no overlap to fix and save.
Can I cut out Polls from my Recorded (formerly called "Simulated Live") event?
Yes, but best practice is to cut out Polls entire (and not in the middle of a Poll). If you cut a Poll in half, the audio and video may become out of sync. And who wants half of a Poll anyway?
Are there known issues with the Video Editor?
GoTo Webinar is working on resolving these issues:
- The Spinner icon after saving is missing. Check your Video Library for a "Saving Video" message.
- Google Chrome is recommended as there may be unknown bugs on other browsers.