What is the activity process like?
Organizers can use the Activity Center page to facilitate the activity. Note that you can also continue using the GoToTraining desktop app (which will remain running on your computer) to communicate with all attendees at once.
During all activities
During all activities, if you selected "Everyone", then you will automatically join the activity along with your attendees.
- (a) Participate in the activity with attendees — If you are not using breakouts, you will be launched into the activity alongside your attendees! You can use the Activity Center page to participate in the activity with them.
- (b) View session timer — See how much time has elapsed since the activity began using the session timer.
- (c) Switch to another activity — Change the activity at any time (without first ending the activity) simply by selecting a new option in the right navigation.
- (d) End the activity — Return all students back to the main training session. If you used breakouts, attendees will see a 10-second count down warning them that they are about to be returned to the main session. You will need to open the GoToTraining desktop app to start sharing your screen again.
During activities with breakouts
If you chose to use 2 or more breakouts, then you will not automatically join the activity along with your attendees. Instead, you will see previews of each breakout and also have some additional features.
- (e) Monitor attendees' progress — See a real-time preview of what each breakout is working on.
- (f) Join a breakout — Click Join to join a particular breakout and collaborate with the rest of the small group. You will be launched into the activity via the Instant Join app in a new browser tab; you can simply close the tab to leave the breakout and join another if desired.
- (g) Send a message to attendees — Click Send a message to all to send a message to everyone, which will appear at the top of each attendee's screen. If you would like to send a message to only the attendees in a particular breakout, you must first join the breakout and then use the Chat pane.
- (h) View and lower raised hands — When students raise their hands during an activity, you will an indicator in the attendee list. You can lower the hand by clicking the Hand icon .
After the activity
- (I) View the final Google Drive — If you had your attendees edit a shared document, then all items will be listed after the activity is over. You can click an item to open the final result on your screen!
- (j) Launch a new activity — You can launch directly into another activity by clicking Create another activity; if you are using breakouts, then the attendees stay sorted into the same groups. You can close and reopen the Control page if you want them to be sorted differently.