What is the difference between a role and a permission?
- Super admin: User has all system permissions.
- Admin: User has all system permissions except the ability to add Super admins, manage other Admins, view reports and manage billing information. Admins cannot view the Account section with the admin portal, pay/view invoices, view reports, or access call recordings unless a Super admin has granted those permissions.
- Member: User does not have any system permissions and cannot access the GoTo Admin portal. Cannot add new users, troubleshoot other's devices, They are an end user only.
If you need to change an existing user's role, refer to How do I change a user's role?
If you need a role with different permissions than the system defined roles listed above, you can create a custom role. To create a custom role, refer to How do I manage my roles? The next section contains a list of available permissions which can be used in a custom role.
- Manage licenses: Allows user to assign and revoke product licenses.
- Manage users: Allows user to add, delete, and edit user details.
- Manage user product settings: A subset of the Manage Users permission that allows the user to make changes to product settings for other users.
- Manage user groups: Allows user to add, delete, and edit user groups.
- Manage device groups: Allows user to add, delete, and edit device groups.
- Manage settings templates: Allows user to add, delete, and edit the settings templates.
- Access user history, usage, and data: Allows user to view and export user history, usage and data.
- Access invoices: Allows user to access the billing portal to view invoices.
- Pay invoices: A subset of the Access invoices permission that allows the user to pay invoices through the billing portal.