How do I Manage Files on a Device?
The file manager allows you to view the details of a file and perform file and folder operations on your devices. File manager does not require remote controlling a device.
How do I perform file and folder operations on a device?
- In the file manager, open the folder on your local computer that you want to manage in GoTo Resolve.
- Select a file either on the managed device or on the local computer.
To select multiple files, press and hold the SHIFT or CTRL key on your keyboard and click the files that you want to select.Note: You can also drag-and-drop files to the remote device from external sources, such as Windows File Explorer.
- Choose what to do:
Figure 1. File operations available on the remote (managed) device
Tip: File and folder operations do not have any file size limitations. However, you should consider that moving or copying larger files take more time to complete.Note: You cannot delete read-only and encrypted files.
- Copy - Copies the selected file to the other device. You can also drag-and-drop selected files to copy between the remote device and the local computer. Alternatively, you can also press F4 on your keyboard.
- Properties - Displays the file or folder properties. See How do I view file properties in File Manager?
- Rename - Renames the selected file or folder on the remote device. This option is not available on your Local Computer pane.
- Delete - Removes the selected file or folder. You can also press DEL on your keyboard to delete selected files.
- Download - Downloads the selected file from the remote device to the default folder on your local computer. This folder is defined in your browser's settings. See How do I Download Files from Remote Devices?
Are there any keyboard shortcuts?
- F3 - Refreshes the list of files and folders. This is useful when you copy or delete a large number of files and you want to see which files have already been copied or deleted.
- F4 - Copies selected files between the local computer and the remote device.
- F5 - Creates a new folder on the panel where at least one file or folder is selected.
- DEL - Deletes the selected files and folders.
Can't open your local folder?
You can't open folders containing system files. This may include folders, like Documents, Desktop, the root folder on your C drive and so on. Here's what you can do:
- On your local computer, choose a non-system folder, or create a new folder and use that to transfer files.
- Even if you don't have a local computer folder open in the file manager, you can upload, download, or delete files from the managed device. Use the toolbar above your managed device to upload files.
Note: You can upload files even from system folders.
This is temporary solution. In an upcoming release, you will be able to manage system folders as well.