How do I Create End-Users from the Ticket Editor?
Agents can add new end users to GoTo Resolve directly from the ticket editor.
- Sign in to the Console at http://console.gotoresolve.com.
- Go to Helpdesk and open a ticket or create a new one.
The Ticket details page appears.
- Click the Submitted by field and then click Add new user.
The Add new user editor is displayed on the right.
- Fill in the end user's details:
Remember: You cannot create an end user whose email address is already associated with a GoTo account, since that user has already been created in the system. However, you can still add that user to your list of end users, so that you can select it from the Submitted by field.
- First name - First name of the end user.
- Last name - Last name of the end user.
- Email - Email address of the end user. A GoTo account will be automatically created for the user with this email address. If the end user already has a GoTo account, you can't create a new account for that user.
- Position - End user's position at the company.
- Company - Name of the end user's employer.
- Phone - Contact number of the end user.
- Notes - Any note about the end user's issue that may help agents when getting in touch with the user.
- Send welcome email - The welcome email contains a link to the Customer Portal where the user can view and track their helpdesk tickets. Depending on whether the user already configured their password, the link will take them directly to the portal to sign in, or to the password creation page followed by the portal sign in page.
When this option is not selected, users have the following options:
- The user can set up their password from the link through the "default Admin Center" welcome email. Subsequently, they can sign in at https://helpdesk.me/tickets.
- When the user creates a ticket and receives a notification email about the creation, this email will contain a link to the Customer Portal. Similarly to the Helpdesk welcome email, the link will direct the user either to the portal or to the password setup page.
- Save your changes.
Results: You can now create tickets on behalf of the new user by selecting the user from the Submitted by field.