Getting Started: Create a Recovery File
You can use a recovery file to restore your forgotten signature key without the approval of another agent.
- In the Console, select your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Manage zero trust.
- Select Manage my keys at the top of the page.
- Select Generate recovery file.
- Optional: To select how often to be prompted for your signature key in your current browser, click Signature key prompt frequency and select the option that best suits you:
- Upon each sensitive task - Type your key every time you perform a sensitive task. This is the default setting.
- Once a day upon my first sensitive task - Type your key once every 24 hours. For example, if you type your key at noon, then you can perform sensitive tasks until noon the following day without typing your key again.
- Once a week, even when no sensitive task is performed - You can use your key to perform sensitive tasks for one week, that is for 168 hours.
- Frequency settings apply to your current browser only. When you sign in to the Console in two separate browsers, your frequency settings will differ.
- Upon log out or when you change your signature key, your frequency setting defaults to prompting for a key every time you perform a sensitive task, regardless of which frequency option you chose.
- Type your signature key and click Proceed.
- Download your recovery file and keep it safe.